Skip to main content

Wonthaggi Coal Mine Weekend

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #191955 by hg5ltr
Hey folks, We are organising a day at Wonthaggi Coal Mine on Sunday 6th May for financial members and their family and friends. I will need to know numbers ASAP as we need to book tours. It is $15 pp and the first tour will be at approx 10.30am (we will need to be there at 10am) Each tour can take 18 people, and they leave every half hour or so. Good walking shoes are needed, as there is a gentle easy downhill walk of about 250 metres at the start of the tour. (They can accommodate people unable to walk with prior notice:)) The Coalmine have an area next door which they are happy to open up for us to display some small trucks and cars on the day, however its probably not suitable for larger trucks.

We will be organising a convoy leaving the club rooms early on that morning, (time to be advised).

However, I am also booking a motel for the night of the 5th of May in Wontahggi. Rooms are $130 for a queen room (sleeps 2) or a King Suite (King Bed and Spa sleeps 2) for $160. Twin Rooms are already sold out.
There is parking space across the road(the motel has a low canopy) but I have also organised with TyrePower Wonthaggi to utilise their yard for any overflow parking of trucks for the night.
We will book for dinner on the Saturday night probably at the Wonthaggi Workers club, which is across the road from the motel. I have it on good authority that the meals are great :)
If you would like to attend this weekend , could you please call me Cindy Taylor on 0427684989 ASAP to let me know numbers for the Coalmine tours and also if you would like to join us at the motel, and for dinner Saturday night.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #191971 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Wonthaggi Coal Mine Weekend
Does this mean non members are not welcome

More
6 years 1 week ago #192029 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Wonthaggi Coal Mine Weekend
People behind the scenes do not get enough thanks for what they go out of there way to do. I don"t know if I am going to make it at this stage.A very big thanks for putting this together. I hope that you get a lot more thanks. Great work. THANK YOU. Cheers Fill
The following user(s) said Thank You: hg5ltr

More
6 years 2 days ago #192248 by hg5ltr
Replied by hg5ltr on topic Wonthaggi Coal Mine Weekend
Update... All queen rooms are now full! There is only King Rooms available. Please phone me ASAP if you are planning on coming and are yet to reserve your spot. I have today booked the Workmans Club for dinner, for those that are staying in Wonthaggi the night, and I am giving the Coal mine an estimate number today also. Please call me on 0427684989 if you want to come, it is really shaping up to be a great weekend. For those staying Sat Night, we are going to do a road run on the Saturday to Churchill Island, probably for lunch. We will also organise a scenic route for the trip home on the Sunday.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds