OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2019 HCVC Truck Show @ Yarra Glen 26 Jun 2019 20:58 #201384

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 115
Eye c'n C the brochure.

Strange how Committee fail to advise forum administrator of such major events.

C U there Swishmeister.
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

2019 HCVC Truck Show @ Yarra Glen 01 Jul 2019 15:38 #201445

• bparo
  • Thank you received: 87
Information from committee / event organisers to the forum staff has never been that fantastic. It was easier when I was in Melbourne and attending club meetings regularly as I could just walk up and ask. Now by the time I find things out it's often too late. There was no mention of the Display Day in the last copy of The Monitor for example.

Likewise we used to publish the committee on the night of or the morning after the election. Now I have to ask to get the information, end up with an incomplete list and get treated suspiciously for wanting to know!
Hiding in the shed covered in grease and muck - want a coffee?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Southbound

2019 HCVC Truck Show @ Yarra Glen 03 Jul 2019 22:33 #201480

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 115
At the Monthly Meeting after the AGM last week, I asked in General Business that information such as the Annual Display at Yarra Glen and other important information be supplied to the Forum. I was met by a very hostile response by one member of the Committee who told the meeting that the information was put on Facebook and that was enough! That person said that the member who put the Yarra Glen poster on the Forum was not authorised to do so and should not have done it.
I complained that not all members can access Facebook and that the Forum was an official part of the club and that information should be provided to it.
I said that the Moderator had been accused previously of omitting information about and event and he replied that if the Committee do not give him the information, he cannot publish it.
After a while, the Committee member appeared to realise that information should be provided to the Forum and asked who was the Moderator. The member then suggested that maybe the Moderator of the Forum should be included in emails about such information.

As I have not yet seen anything about the AGM on the Forum, I will list my recollection of the positions.
To my recollection, all members were re-elected to their most recent role with the exception of Events Director. The current Director did not re-nominate and Dave Horne was proposed by Russell Marshall. There being no other nomination, Dave was declared elected.

I am a little unsure of the position of Treasurer but I think we were told that as Cindy Taylor has recently resigned, Alyse Johnston has accepted the position. I may be wrong here, possibly I have some names mixed up but there again, it has been many years since I was on the Committee, and maybe I do not take as keen an interest as I should.

HOW ABOUT IT COMMITTEE, PUT THIS INFORMATION ON THE FORUM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! SEND IT TO THE MODERATOR AND MAKE IT OFFICIAL.
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

2019 HCVC Truck Show @ Yarra Glen 03 Jul 2019 23:54 #201481

• Gryphon
  • Thank you received: 192
Hi,

Frank M. is the Treasurer come Membership person, while Alyse Johnston has retired from 'doing the books'.

Terry

2019 HCVC Truck Show @ Yarra Glen 03 Jul 2019 23:58 #201482

• Dave_64
  • Thank you received: 138
Morris makes a good point, there must be quite a few forum members here who either do not follow faceache and have no wish to do so ( self included after a very brief flirtation). Just going by what Morris has written about copping a “hostile reception” from a committeeman, sounds like that in itself is a bit out of order. Personally, I reckon we’re well served with the present set up, most information can be sourced quite openly, sure the odd notification seems to slip up, I for one reckon you blokes are doing a top job, keep up the good work! Dave_64

2019 HCVC Truck Show @ Yarra Glen 04 Jul 2019 10:32 #201487

• Lang
  • Thank you received: 1178
As an outsider I once again despair at the current trend of Facebook is the answer to everything.

There are hundreds (thousands) of people out there who live interstate or even in Victoria who have no interest in searching all the various club Facebook pages looking for events. The most they will do is go to the "Events Calendar" type pages, more than likely as links from a Google search, not Facebook itself directly.

It is quite remarkable that the HCVCA does not see THEIR forum as the prime source-of-information transmission vehicle and have it the go-to place for any information. Sure, have a Facebook page for those so inclined but I would hazard a guess that the forum has ??? times the number of visits the HCVCA Facebook page does directly (if it is as a link from a Google search it is not really a Facebook result and in that case a web site would provide so much more information than a Facebook page).

I am astounded that there should have been any discussion on whether information on the truck show (probably the club's biggest fundraiser) should be limited and any publicity not grasped with both hands to help make the event widely known and not just for the "in crowd".

We, in Queensland have benefited greatly from HCVCA (and other interstate club and individual) members attending shows and meets in Queensland over the years and much of the encouragement for them to travel all that way has come from discussion on this forum.

HCVCA has one of the best run truck forums in the world (also it is genuinely, that revolting PC word "inclusive", for all areas of trucks, transport and related history) and they should milk it for all it is worth.

Just my opinion.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, eerfree, Morris, 235mack, Diggerdave

Last edit: by Lang.

2019 HCVC Truck Show @ Yarra Glen 04 Jul 2019 11:54 #201488

• Lang
  • Thank you received: 1178
This is where Facebook is leading us.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mairjimmy, Southbound

Last edit: by Lang.

2019 HCVC Truck Show @ Yarra Glen 04 Jul 2019 15:41 #201490

• Dave_64
  • Thank you received: 138
Never a truer word spoken in jest!

2019 HCVC Truck Show @ Yarra Glen 04 Jul 2019 21:01 #201497

• Mark60
  • Detroit Diesel: The original 'green' diesel, and the most efficient for turning diesel into noise.
  • Thank you received: 2
Ummmm....what say you if you don't have a faceache account? Yup, I'm a bit of a Luddite, I want my 'living in the seventies' and I'm staying there!

Anyhoo, back on topic, I might have a rat cunning plan to get to the truck show. Just tell the cook we might have to have a look at our home in Doreen that weekend and arrange for a trip from the west. Sometimes I just amaze myself.
Cheers & Beers,
Macca

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558