Skip to main content

Moruya Truck and Machinery Show

More
4 years 8 months ago #202263 by wee-allis
Just giving this a bump up as I'm off to get another new knee and won't be about for a few days.

Would love to have some of the Forum trucks attend so we can meet fellow members.
Cheers, Steve.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202276 by cobbadog
Good luck with the knee op steve and a speedy recovery mate.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202951 by wee-allis
Just two weeks to go. Hope to see some of you here.
Cheers, Steve.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #203203 by wee-allis
Our rally is now done and dusted. It was a great weekend with lots of trucks, tractors and engines. I'll get time to put a page together soon.

This is/was my truck entrant until yesterday. A visitor came in, saw it and had to have it so I'm now truckless.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by IHScout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, IHScout, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
4 years 6 months ago #203215 by Morris
Wee-allis,
Looking forward to your pictures. I could not get to the show but maybe next time as I do love the NSW South Coast. Your C model looks great, I have a mate with a D1500 in very good condition, still working part time (not for sale) and another mate with a restored D1600. I know of AB180, C1500 and AA? (I think) 180 that may be for sale. If interested PM me and I will ask.

Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 6 months ago #203218 by wee-allis
Morris, Pity you couldn't make the trip. It is the problem with being in a small town in between everywhere. It's a long way from most places, to come for a weekend. However we did get some trucks from distant places, including Waughope, on the North Coast.

My little C1300 had just clocked up 75,000 miles. I was the third owner, with the original owners name still on the door. It came with the original owners hand book, service book and build sheet from the production line. It was/is still all original with the exception of the mirrors, additional fuel tank, ( to allow me to drive further than the town limits), and some sulky steps to make it easier for an old fart to get on to the tray. I owned it 15 years until Saturday when a young bloke fell in love with it and had to have it. The best part was, he apologised for his intention to leave it exactly as is and not restore it. There is another young bloke here who also wanted it so badly, he offered me $10,000 for it but wanted to bling it up into a hot rod. Sorry mate, not for sale.

I'll get the pictures up as soon as I get the clever one to help.
Steve.

More
4 years 6 months ago #203229 by cobbadog
Glad your rally went well too like so many I have read about so far this seaon. I bet it was a sad moment seeing it drive away after being the proud owner for so long.
What will be the replacemnt?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 6 months ago #203235 by wee-allis
Cobba, not sad to see it go. Actually, it's still here. It blew an exhaust manifold gasket as I was bringing my tractors home from the rally. Gasket should arrive today or tomorrow and the guy will pick it up on Thursday.

There won't be a replacement in the foreseeable future, as I'm downsizing the collection. Titanium knees, a dickie ticker and too many decades slow you up. Sold grey fergy, gave away the David Brown and am selling the Allis, so don't need the truck anymore, as good as it was. Still keeping my little Yanmar tractor and engines
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 6 months ago #203237 by Morris
wee-allis, very pleased that your Inter was not for sale when the hot rodder wanted it. I am also having to downsize and a fellow with a big secondhand market offered me good money for my absolutely stock-standard 1929 Chev ute that I have had since 1969. He promised he would not rod it and just wanted to display it outside his market. However, I know that as soon as a cash buyer turned up, he would sell it. That is what he does for a living. I told him it was not for sale because I have had it for so long!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 6 months ago #203245 by wee-allis
Morris, I sold the Inter for less than half the $10,000 offered, but I sold it for what I figured it was worth. Another guy here who wanted to restore it to new, offered $7,000. I wouldn't sell it to him at the time as I was still using it. Once again a silly price and call me a fool if you like, but I don't like to overspend and so can't over charge either. I guess that's why I now rely on the pension to get by. We make do and are happy. There are a lot of people out there who can't and aren't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds