Skip to main content

Gatton Show Photos

More
4 years 6 months ago #203184 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Gatton Show Photos
Great selection all round.

The Dodge and Commer look to have very similar bodies - is there a connection I wasn't aware of? (Many connections I'm unaware of no doubt; not overly a trucking type :pinch: :blush:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #203186 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Gatton Show Photos
Yes, Chrysler bought out Rootes (Commer, Hillman, Humber) in the 60's.

They rebranded the Commer as Dodge initially just by changing badges. The Commer cab was far superior to anything Chrysler had and was also being assembled in Australia. They sold side by side for a while until the Commer name was buried in the early 70's.

Lang

More
4 years 5 months ago #203188 by LN700
Replied by LN700 on topic Gatton Show Photos
Hi Lang,
Thanks for the Pics mate,it was a good day out.
This unit was up my alley but I don't know why.
LN700 B) :cheer:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #203191 by Lang
Yes, there were some interesting vehicles.

I am afraid I have absolutely no interest in $100,000 restored Kenworths and Macks from the 80's so very few pictures of those trucks.

The International Transtar with the GM - photo above - was my favourite, like you, I don't know why. Though for sheer style and good looks it is hard to go past those long nose Inters and Dodges with step tanks.

Lang
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Lang.

More
4 years 5 months ago #203197 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Gatton Show Photos
Lang, you have my complete agreement about the $100,000 resto's.I much prefer a truck that shows sign's of use and still looks capable of being used as it maker intended (also, I still think of post 1980 truck as new trucks! How can they be more than 30 y.o now?).
Having said that, I have spent many $1,000s restoring my Scout to better than new condition, because it's hard to know where to stop when major repair is required to keep a vehicle from falling apart completely.

On another note, I think the thanks for putting up the photos are well earned. It takes time and some effort to make contributions to this forum and keep it an interesting site for all of us to visit. Thank you.

Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, Southbound

More
4 years 5 months ago #203212 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Gatton Show Photos
When did you last see a Simca Aronde?
Also note how short the wheelbase is on that Cootes Atkinson.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
4 years 5 months ago #203213 by Lang
The reason I took the Simca Aronde photo is it was my wife's first car when we were "courting".

When I showed her the photos and reminisced about the full lay back seats she had some sort of memory block. When I suggested we should buy one for old times sake all I got was rolling eyes.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

More
4 years 5 months ago #203221 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic Gatton Show Photos
Funny mentioning a Simca, there was a Vedette at the drags yesterday and like a dummy did not get a pic.
Cheers Steve

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds