Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Allora Heritage Weekend 23 Jan 2021 22:23 #218274

• Bluey60
  • Bluey60's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 105
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bluey60.

Allora Heritage Weekend 23 Jan 2021 22:43 #218277

• Bluey60
  • Bluey60's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 105

That’s it for tonight I’ll see if I can get a few more tomorrow

Cheers Bluey
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, cobbadog, wouldyou, PaulFH, oliver1950

Last edit: by Bluey60.

Allora Heritage Weekend 23 Jan 2021 22:46 #218278

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 720
Thanks for loading up all the great pics. Looked like Scotties caravan, the wobble box, in the first lot of pics there Jarrod. The weather seems to be on your side too hopefully not too hot. We must get up there one time and join in the fun.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe.
STUBBOURN B@ST@RD

Allora Heritage Weekend 24 Jan 2021 08:04 #218283

• PDU
  • Thank you received: 570
Much applause, and warranted too.

Well done all, particularly mammoth, who added captions to all but one of his pictures; notably in that picture there is a red GMC(?) following behind - does anyone have a closer picture of that one?

Thanks again, it allows those of us further away a chance to (almost) be there. :)

Allora Heritage Weekend 24 Jan 2021 08:26 #218285

• mammoth
  • Thank you received: 193
The red thing following the little Chev was a hot rod of some sort so paid zero attention.
The Albion cabover was an outstanding restoration, spoilt in a way with metalflake 2pak and overuse of polished stainless. The cab is the export one made by Autolifts. Originally worked on the Grafton wharves and now in ownership of Glen Tilly this 1919 Leyland got a turn. Would have been built with hard rubber all round but fitted with Leyland pneumatic hubs on the rear at some stage and has International hubs on the front. Glen's plan is to keep it as original as possible.
Attachments:

Last edit: by mammoth.

Allora Heritage Weekend 24 Jan 2021 09:06 #218286

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 403
Great pics fellows. Keep 'em coming. Not quite as good as being there but a lot easier and cheaper too.
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Allora Heritage Weekend 24 Jan 2021 14:07 #218291

• Lang
  • Thank you received: 2979
Just got home. Have lots of photos so will try to fill in the gaps from the other blokes.

Pain in the arse trip. On Friday I took the Willys Jeep on a trailer to Allora. Just outside Aratula on the way up the Nissan Navara V6 rocket pulled out to pass everyone at the start of the Gap. Boom! Cloud of steam and black smoke out the back with turbo whistling like mad. Limp mode back to Aratula, RACQ carted the ute and trailer off to Boonah, the closest town. I Googled while waiting and estimated $3,000 for replacement of turbo and hoses.

Having taken the Jeep off the trailer at the breakdown site and leaving RACQ to do their thing we sailed up the Gap passing B-Doubles all the way. Fun weekend at Allora when one hour after arrival phone call from the servo at Boonah. "I know we are only storing the Navarra so you can collect on Monday but having nothing better to do, I looked at it, saw it was only a blown intercooler hose which I had on the shelf. All fixed. The apprentice will come in and open up on Sunday for you, give him $150 cash for parts and labour"

Part 2.

The Jeep as reported ran like a beauty but just at the top of the range coming down the hill to collect the ute on Sunday (this morning) she started coughing and running rougher and rougher. Of course all my tools were in the Navarra. Jerking and jumping down to 20kmh got to within 7 km of Boonah and she died. Young bloke coming in to open up for us swung past the carcass and carried me in to fetch the ute. We both drove back and he helped me get the jeep on the trailer.

If anyone needs work in the area I can not recommend highly enough Boonah Automatics and Mechanical.

Photos to follow.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, PaulFH, asw120

Last edit: by Lang.

Allora Heritage Weekend 24 Jan 2021 14:26 #218292

• PDU
  • Thank you received: 570
Commiserations Lang, it is the trials and tribulations, such as you experienced this weekend, that create the memories that no doubt will be related/exaggerated over and over in the years to come. :huh:

Hope you got a pic of the red GMC(?) that mammoth considered unworthy of his camera.

Allora Heritage Weekend 24 Jan 2021 14:44 #218293

• Lang
PDU

Thanks but disaster is my middle name. Of hundreds of trips I am hard pushed to recall something similar failing to happen.

The saving grace is a placid wife. She just pulls out a book or crossword and relaxes or if required, tows me in a heap of junk with no brakes, lights, gearbox or whatever the problem is to a place where salvation can happen. She has absolutely no interest in vehicles but steps up to the mark when required.

Lang

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, oliver1950

Allora Heritage Weekend 24 Jan 2021 14:45 #218294

• Lang

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558