Skip to main content

Alexandra Truck, Ute & Rod Show - 12 June 2022

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #235965 by allan
As usual, lots of modern trucks. But there were a number of H-plated trucks scattered around too. I didn't bother with the KW etc that I saw, but there were a few 'old' trucks there too that caught my eye.

The town was absolutely packed, enormous ques at all of the food vendors (local community groups) and the cafes and pubs were all packed. The kids sideshow area was also extremely popular.

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by allan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #235966 by allan
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #235967 by allan
And local Ray Goss (and son) from Taggerty Store showed this AA Ford.

I didn't realise it but Ray Goss was there (spotted him RH top of next photo). I would have had a chat if I'd seen him at the time.
Ray and his wife Sandice MacCaulay at one time were at Marree in SA where Ray did mechanic-ing and recoveries off the Birdsville and Oodnadatta tracks. He with his brothers also had the contract to riip up the old narrow-gauge rails from the old Ghan line (there's some old vids of their expoits out there somewhere.)

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by allan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, eerfree, Bluey60, Morris, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, Tacho and 2 other people also said thanks.

More
1 year 9 months ago #236012 by bparo
The old Bedford tow truck on the back of the dodge was an Echuca/Rochester truck for a while along with another Bedford. They were stored in Echuca but the owner was a stationary engine collector who lived in Rochester. They used to emerge annually for the Echuca Steam Rally. Here's a couple of pictures from the steam rally when they were for sale in 2016

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, 180wannabe, Morris, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds