Skip to main content

Sydney Old Hume Highway Road Run - Haulin The Hume

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44767 by Andy Wright
Doesn't really matter, Jase, but he's the type of bloke to share the fun.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44768 by aussie l plate
oh yeah, dont really matter, would be all good, either way

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44769 by Jake Brake
Hi Bruce, where's the registration form? I want to send my registration fee in.
Man this is going to be one fun trip down memory lane :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.
Cheers Ray

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44770 by oldbugger
This talk of the old Hume Highway, can anyone remember a cafe about 60 or so miles down from Sydney called Bimbo's

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44771 by werkhorse
I'm too young to know anything about it, but was it Bimbo's Roadhouse at Bargo ???

Scanned for my 1956 Road transport index

Any others in that list that ring a bell???

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44772 by bigcam
Wow Werk, Hot AND Cold showers, what to choose?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44773 by werkhorse
Yeah Cam sort of makes a bloke feel guilty going to work now with all the mod cons.

But what a way to wake up in the morning......straight under the cold shower at ... what ... about 2-3 degrees or so hehe.

The hot might also double as the cold if they had a hot water heater like ours, 2 showers and it's all gone.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

13 years 3 weeks ago #44774 by
bimbos is sadly long gone even the buiding. it was between the 2 rail bridges on the south of bargo. my old mate with the r190 tells me that back in its hey day for a modest fee you could get company in the hot showers! if you no what i mean? i think he will stop the 90 there an shed a tear or two !!!!!!

13 years 3 weeks ago #44775 by
werkhorse thanks for posting the roadhouse leaflet i noticed mantons 7 mile nth of yass ? there was the remains of a road house there about 4 years ago didnt get a chance to check it out on the test run with cunning???

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44776 by Cunning Stunt
You gotta love it, the memories are flooding back already for half you blokes. The entry forms should be ready in a week or so, just have to dot the i's and cross the t's.

Once it is all finalised I'll put our contact details on here so I can grenfell or I can send an entry to you.

Grenfell keeps slandering the performance of my Commer on here but I'm still wondering why he asked me to carry all the spares for his Peterbilt on the back of my truck. I reckon there'll be a lot of them.

Some play hard to get

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds