Skip to main content

Nov.90 HCVC Dandenong rally

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #60528 by Roderick Smith
IIRC, this was my first rally (as a spectator, not an exhibitor). All my photos were of buses; I wish now that I had taken more of some of the other aspects.
I am sure that there was a powder-blue Ford Zephyr police van, and an ambulance. Was there a hearse? I see a glimpse of a Rolls Royce saloon: perhaps there as a wedding car?
The two b&w photos of Flxble Clippers have been posted already, to a thread on that type. See
www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1303532944/2#2

Perhaps others were at that rally and could add more photos? Or perhaps just list the participating vehicles that year. Many must have been well-known rally regulars.
I have five colour views to put up. This first one was taken principally for the Flxible Clipper. Have I identified Grenda 71 correctly: was it an MC8? Notice at far left a Rolls Royce (Silver Wraith?) and what I believe is a late 1950s Standard Vanguard ute.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Roderick Smith.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #60529 by
Replied by on topic Re: Nov.90 HCVC Dandenong rally
I HCVC Library we have lots pics from that display day. Dave

More
12 years 7 months ago #60530 by Roderick Smith
Thanks. I guess that they are prints in albums, not online. Hence: viewable at club meeting nights? Brought to Sandown days for display?

Enclosed the other two photos of Flxible Clippers from the 1990 rally.

901125Su-BDT23-Dandenong-HCVC-2xFlxbleClipper-RSmith
901125Su-BDT24-Dandenong-HCVC-2xFlxbleClipper-RSmith

Roderick B Smith

More
12 years 7 months ago #60531 by Andy Wright
Just talking to Cunning Stunt about the Hume run ... there are 15 Clippers registered to do the run (among the 140+ vehicles)!

This is a run that will go down as one of the classics.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
12 years 7 months ago #60532 by Roderick Smith
Here are the last two photos of the 1990 rally.

901125Su-BDT22-Dandenong-HCVC-buses-RSmith

901125Su-BDT20-Dandenong-HCVC-Chevrolet_van-RSmith

Both have glimpses of other interesting vehicles in the background.

Roderick B Smith

More
12 years 7 months ago #60533 by bparo
That last one was in the National Motor Museum in Birdwood around Easter 2009

so I don't hijack the thread there are some more at www.flickr.com/photos/bparo2003/sets/72157623011576741/

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

12 years 7 months ago #60534 by
Love to see the old rally pictures!

Even better to find out where they are now! Especially to find they are still in excelent condition and being looked after!

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #60535 by Roderick Smith
Here are the only three photos which I took at the Sun.29.11.92 rally, still at International Harvester (Dandenong, Vic.).
I suspect that I had only a fleeting visit, as I was in the throes of end-of-year mop up at work, and was packing to head to central America before Christmas.

Two buses were from the Masterton fleet; AFAIK the next is kept in the Driver historic fleet, and is a rally regular; in the distance is one of the popular Flxible Clippers. I know nothing about the Ford, but suspect that it is from the collection kept near Longwarry.

Roderick B Smith

11 years 2 weeks ago #60536 by
Jblair I have every rally poster from start our displays 1982 - 2012 all presented a folder. Dave

More
11 years 2 days ago - 11 years 2 days ago #60537 by Roderick Smith
I wasn't at this rally (Sun.25.11.00); the photo is from my (now deceased) regular contributor David White.
Clayton, the former drive-in site (instant edit to use Ray's information).
I had been saving it to kick start a thread on police vehicles (divisional vans and patrol cars), to follow vendor vans, ambulances, hearses and fire appliances, but I haven't reached by desired quantity yet.

The 1961 Falcon was formerly a divvy van, with a fibreglass box on the tray. The 1960 Zephyr looks more UK than Australia, but the colour is Victoria powder blue. The ambulance may have been on duty rather than exhibit, but there are glimpses of two more ambulances beside it.

Roderick B Smith

Last edit: 11 years 2 days ago by Roderick Smith.

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds