Skip to main content

Thread Title Change

More
3 years 1 day ago #220765 by Urchy87
Thread Title Change was created by Urchy87
Hey all,

Are you able to change the thread title once it’s already active and being commented on. I see when you go to comment it seems to be an editable field. Haven’t attempted that yet though. Thanks, Urchy87

Adventure before Dementia.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 day ago #220768 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Thread Title Change
Hi,

you can change it sort of. :)

If you change the Subject in a Post that you have Created or Edited then just that post will have the new Subject, all the other posts will remain unchanged. If someone then replies to your post with the new title then their post will also assume the new title, however if someone replies to a post before yours then the original title will be in the Subject of their post. Thus a single thread could have as many Subjects as there are posts in the thread and it does happen at times but it can be confusing.

Any of the moderators have the option to change all Subjects in a thread to be the same, which we do at times, so if you have a thread that you want to rename either put a post in the thread requesting a change or send an email to forum@hcvc.com.au and someone will action it.

Terry

More
3 years 1 day ago #220770 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic Thread Title Change
Thanks Terry,

I’ll leave it for now. I found out the correct year model of the F250 I’m working on after being told it was something else by the previous owner. If it grinds my gears further down the road I’ll request it then. Thanks again.

More
3 years 12 hours ago #220798 by Gryphon
Urchy,

if 1963 is not the correct year for your project then it can be quickly changed and having the right year might prevent people offering advice from being mislead or misleading by referring to the wrong year.

Terry

More
3 years 1 hour ago #220819 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic Thread Title Change
Ok, cheers Terry, it’s actually a 1965. I’ll send an email through.
Thanks Urchy87

More
3 years 1 hour ago #220820 by Gryphon
Hi,

Done, no need to send an email. :)

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87

More