Skip to main content

Banned until today

More
2 years 7 months ago #225157 by cobbadog
Banned until today was created by cobbadog
Hi Terry,
tonight while reading some threads it changed to me not being logged in and a blue banner came up saying someting like I had been banned until today. Cant seem to remember pissing too many people off so I am guessing a glitch in the system.
Also after the last update and things setled down I finally had no little green numbers in topics that indicate a thread or reply had not been read. Well all of them got cleared out until recently where they have come back again. Its not a big is Notice section and already forget where the other is. How can I clear these? I have in the past cleared the caches and logged out and back in but no difference to them disappearing.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225158 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Banned until today
Cobbadog l see that you are logged on but AWAY is under your name at the top, what ever that means?

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 7 months ago #225159 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Banned until today
Now l am AWAY also

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
2 years 7 months ago #225163 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Banned until today
AGH!! After reading this I checked my own status and discovered I am also AWAY!? No, I'm not away, I am here, definitely here, not elsewhere, but right where I thought I was . . . :oops: :blink: :huh:

I also had that notice when posting a message yesterday (or maybe the day before?) It allowed me to submit what I had written but declined to include the pictures I had inserted. They were there but did not appear in the message, instead there was a line of text saying something like you are not logged on, or allowed to post here and with the comment that I was banned(?) for the day. I tried logging out and logging in again but still could not get the images to show . . . left it for a few minutes then logged in again successfully and reinserted the pictures.
Perhaps I was away with the pixies, but can;'t remember being away. I am here, truly! :lol:

More
2 years 7 months ago #225171 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Banned until today
Cobba I got banned many years ago, dunno why, wasn't to offended as the forum was going thru some growing pains back then
When we got wireless NBN on the farm it all went back to normal

I did ask the moderators of the day what happened, they really never explained or could explain, I think my name got caught up with a whole heap of others getting the chop

Anyway as it turned out it never was a big deal for me and got sorted in time

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 7 months ago #225174 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Banned until today
Hi,

not sure exactly what is going on or why but I did get an email few days ago from someone with the same issue but I haven't heard back from them.

The banning is most likely to be an automatic thing happening where the system will block malicious activity from naughty people and that sometimes drags in genuine users which looks like what is happening at the moment, but why I need to investigate.

If you are wondering what you have done to get banned then it is misguided automatic ban happening, don't take it personally. If you don't have think about why you are banned then is is not automatic and you probably just pissed us off. :)

Terry

More
2 years 7 months ago #225175 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Banned until today
I reckon most of us are away,...
.....away with the fairies. ;)
A couple of posts, made by me in the past week, have had to be approved before publication. Just a glitch, I'm sure.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225176 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Banned until today

I also had that notice when posting a message yesterday (or maybe the day before?) It allowed me to submit what I had written but declined to include the pictures I had inserted. They were there but did not appear in the message, instead there was a line of text saying something like you are not logged on, or allowed to post here and with the comment that I was banned(?) for the day. I tried logging out and logging in again but still could not get the images to show . . . left it for a few minutes then logged in again successfully and reinserted the pictures.
Perhaps I was away with the pixies, but can;'t remember being away. I am here, truly! :lol:

Did you hit the Report Post button when this happened?

Your post got reported by someone else but I suspected it was you but fell into someone else username like occurs sometimes.

And as for the Away status that is some other issue that always shows me as being away so just ignore it.

Terry

More
2 years 7 months ago #225180 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Banned until today

A couple of posts, made by me in the past week, have had to be approved before publication. Just a glitch, I'm sure.

That would be the Acco Thread in the "public Post Area"..
Every Post in the Public Post Area requires Approval. It's to stop all the Spammers & sexbots from inudating us with their Crap..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, V8Ian

More
2 years 7 months ago #225183 by Tassie Dan
Replied by Tassie Dan on topic Banned until today
Hi all. It happened to me about a fortnight ago when I tried to post a thank you on a post. I just use my phone for to take part in this group so I just turned my phone off and let it reset and it was fine so I guessed it was just a bug of some type.

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds