Skip to main content

Coloured highlights for names.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228577 by Morris
Some time ago PDU suggested highlighting a posters name in colour to draw attention to the person your comment is directed to. The same way that I have done on this message. I do not recall him explaining any colours for certain people but last time I replied to him, he commented that I had finally used the correct blue for him. Since he made the original suggestion I have used a colour for every post I have made that replies to someone else. I have chosen Grey for Swishy because of the colour of his fleet and Blue for Lang since he bought the French Bulldog, FroggieDog. (Blue for French Racing Blue) For everyone else, I usually use Red but because PDU had used blue, I used that.
Does anyone have any ideas? If you have not realised it yet, You can highlight text in one of several colours by clicking on the little coloured squares at the top of the message box. You need to click in the text where you need the colour to stop and need a space after that to continue typing in black.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228583 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Coloured highlights for names.
Morris

Now you have gone and done it and alerted Swishy who will now use rainbow colours for all the Volvo people!

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 4 months ago #228584 by Morris
Lang The Looney Left in Britain a few years ago proposed changing the name of the old nursery rhyme "Ba Ba Black Sheep" to "Ba Ba Rainbow Sheep." I have never heard any more about it.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
2 years 4 months ago #228585 by Swishy
V O L V O

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
2 years 4 months ago #228592 by Swanny
MACK

More
2 years 4 months ago #228598 by Gryphon
Hi,

In other parts of the social media sphere the etiquette is to prefix the user name with a '@' symbol, e.g. @gryphon, and depending on the software platform it can be changed to a link to the person profile or start a message to them but I am not aware of anything specifically written for this Software platform. It might also be possible to automatically to apply the same approach to change the colour of any names prefixed with @.RC.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 4 months ago #228605 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Coloured highlights for names.
Slow day then boys?

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #228612 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Coloured highlights for names.
Now come on fellas, let's not get carried away.

As Morris pointed out it was basically to highlight the persons name as an acknowledgement to them.

I used blue, not by choice, but because that's the way the poster's name appears over on the left. Also, I have made a point of repeating the way it appears, using capital letters if used by the poster, such as Lang, or cobbadog, but do sometimes abbreviate them, in much the same way others do.

I must admit I had not picked up on some such as Gryphon appearing in a different colour (PDU bows and scrapes in acknowledgment of your role as site administrator Terry :blink:); and although Morris had chosen to use red instead of blue, was not concerned - only commented when all of sudden he changed to using blue instead!

Really up to you I guess, like our choice of truck, stationary engine, or lawn mowers - it is simply a case of different strokes for different folks. So mote it be. :blush:
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by PDU.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228684 by Gryphon
Hi,

I have set up a small bit of trickery that will automatically change the colour of any word prefixed with a '@' symbol, therefore if you type in username like this @gryphon it will automatically change it on all pages to the colour selected, at the time of writing it is @Blue. It will be the same colour for everyone.

Terry

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
2 years 4 months ago #228688 by Swishy
Th@ sounds Good if U like C@ tractors b @kinson trucks
LOL

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH