Skip to main content

Coloured highlights for names.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228710 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Coloured highlights for names.
Clever trickery Gryphon you may notice that I have used your way of highlighting the user's name (elsewhere in the Frauline Friday post) using the @; but when changing from Write to Preview it doesn't seem to allow it :unsure: and just gets hung up on a blank text box.

Anyhow, it seems out of place to me as you don't talk like that . . . EG "Thanks for your comment at Whoever." Different if you are quoting somebody, but as I have usually used it in spoken text form (without the @) I will continue as before which is relatively straightforward.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228711 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Coloured highlights for names.
I appreciate Terry's efforts and recognize he is of a generation that understands all this stuff but I must say the @ business and even coloured highlighted names annoys the s..t out of me.

When I was young I wanted to be older but I never thought it would be like this.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Inter-Action, V8Ian, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
2 years 4 months ago #228724 by Mrsmackpaul

I appreciate Terry's efforts and recognize he is of a generation that understands all this stuff but I must say the @ business and even coloured highlighted names annoys the s..t out of me.

When I was young I wanted to be older but I never thought it would be like this.

Lang

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Ah Lang I dunno were the years went ? but bugger me I have been left behind and only in recent months I learnt that # this meant number

As I say to people "I dunno whats worse, the fact that I've been left behind or the fact I dont care I have been left behind" lol

Anyway I dont mind if people add colour to my name or not as I didnt even notice any of this was happening until it was mentioned :unsure:

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 4 months ago #228732 by Morris
Gryphon I did not want to start anything when I mentioned colours. Sitting here in Covid isolation with nothing else to do, I just asked if PDU or anyone else had a system.

I cannot stand the current idea of using the @ symbol in front of names. It just looks to me to be another nail in the coffin of language and is an example of people who cannot spell and even have trouble writing. To me, it is just Male Bovine Excreta.
OK, call me a grumpy old man if you wish, I don't care.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #228734 by Swishy
Yes @Grumpy

Nutn wors than sum1 th@ carn't spl

LOL

cya L8r alley gate r

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Swishy.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228736 by Gryphon
Hi,

I have disable the automatic colour thing so you can go back to changing the colour of name yourself or not.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
2 years 4 months ago #228737 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Coloured highlights for names.
Well done Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds