Skip to main content

Using content from other sites.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #230708 by roKWiz
I haven't a problem with pictures from elsewhere and links to other information but as far as pictures are concerned, a simple NMP in front of it would be great or as I have pointed out on other forums posting a link without mentioning what it is in relation to bugs me more.
Posting a link with no text p**es me off no end.

I can relate to werkhorse in that I was dealing with a guy via email who said he would like to use some of my knowledge regarding Stonemasonry in an upcoming book to be published by a well known publishing house.
He later stated the information was not then going to be used because of cutbacks, so I agreed and said oh well, if you do finally use it please send me a proof and at least give me an aknowledgement if published.
Acouple of years later purusing a well known bookshop, here is a book all about Stonemasonry pubished by some university woman claiming to have all this experience with stone wirtten almost word for word. I note the same guys name appearing in the aknowledgement page.

Myself, if I steel a (reference) picture from elsewhere for my computer, it is always saved as, from the original owner or site. as a reminded to myself it doesn't belong to me.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by roKWiz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds