:lol:

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Southbound

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #199267 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Who makes what.
Swishy

Still a great chart but does not show the interbreeding between all those big companies. They all use engines and platforms from their direct opposition eg the new Mercedes 4x4 ute is actually 80% Nissan Navara - this list is endless.

As you say who's up who?

Lang
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Lang.

More
5 years 1 month ago #199272 by geoffb

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #199274 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Who makes what.
Geoff

I think we looked at this before.

As we know Ford bought the car side of Volvo and subsequently sold it lock, stock and barrel to Geely so Volvo Cars is now a Chinese company.

The truck/machinery side was retained by the Swedes and went through some boisterous times being controlled by Renault for some years making them one of, if not the biggest, truck manufacturer in the world. During that period they bought out Mack and Renault retained their holding for 3 years before withdrawing major participation.

All the shown corporations are publicly listed companies ie have numerous public shareholders and are subject to government reporting and regulation. Mack/Volvo trucks are owned by a group of private investment companies and therefore do not report their business like the others.

I think the chart also just shows light vehicle sales, not heavy machinery, military hardware, heavy trucks and other ventures ranging from computers to cattle ranches in Brazil so Volvo/Mack may not qualify for inclusion because they don't make cars. The biggest truck manufacturer IVECO owned by CNH, in turn a wholly owned FIAT subsidiary, does not appear on their company chart seemingly confirming it is a car-only display.

If all the tentacles of those corporate octopuses were tracked and reported many of them would have a greater wealth than all but the top 20 countries in the world. Toyota alone has over 600 wholly owned subsidiaries and 280 major shareholding ventures. They are the 6th largest company in the world of any type (including government owned "companies").

Lang
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds