Skip to main content

Historic army truck in accident on Hume

More
5 years 1 month ago #199463 by roKWiz

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 years 1 month ago #199464 by Swishy

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #199471 by Lang
From David Mottram on the MLU (Military Vehicle) forum

The driver of the Stalwart is no longer in intensive care. Although he is reported to have vertebrae damage, there is no damage to the spinal cord. He has a bruised heart, a fractured femur, broken ribs and an injury listed as 'glove removal injury' to the upper thigh and this is not a full list. I believe that he is expected to make a full recovery but this will take a long time.
I have not heard it confirmed but it is said that he was not found until three hours after the collision due to being flung into the trees/bushes on the side of the road.
This is not the first large ex military vehicle to be flipped on a highway. There was a photo in the Windscreen magazine a few years back of a DUKW amphibious truck upside down on top of the ARMCO railing alongside a motorway in the UK It was a very similar collision to this one.

This is the vehicle. He would have been going at a fair clip 70-80kmh so not actually blocking the road. A bit bigger than a jeep on the horizon and it had those big reflective strips on the back as well as tail lights. I think this may turn out to be more than a simple story.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, roKWiz

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #199487 by JOHN.K.
They used to say the only way you re safe on the Hume is driving a tank..................reckon now you need a battleship.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #199488 by roKWiz
Heading north there, he would have encountered that long drag up to the Glenrowan off ramp, which would have significantly slowed him down, not to many B dubs I've seen, pull up that grade at 85km/h + so would imagine impact was right at the bottom.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds