Skip to main content

Sometimes Sayings.

More
4 years 5 months ago #203683 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Sometimes Sayings.
I got into trouble at the last place I worked when during a training session the subject of sales came up. I said "Selling is based on Honesty and Sincerity, and when you can fake both of those, you have got the game sewn up!"
We did not have any sales staff, it was not that type of business but one of the assistant instructors was married to a car salesman and she complained to my boss. I said to the boss, tell the Husband about it and he will probably laugh his head off.
Another strike against me!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #203845 by Morris
Yet another ABSOLUTELY true one:-

On 25th April this year (check it if you have access to Police records) Mate and I went to a farm near Nagambie, Victoria to collect remains of old truck. Near the farm, we were detoured by Police and when we got there, farmer said police had told him a car thief was hiding in the paddocks nearby. They said they did not know who it was. but farmer and his Wife were safe. Police helicopter with heat-seeking radar would find him.
My comment was "They know who he is alright, otherwise they would not know farmer was safe. Also they would not send helicopter from Melbourne for an ordinary car thief." An hour or so later, helicopter went away, I thought maybe to refuel but it did not return. Farmer said Police contacted him and said heat seeking equipment located about 100 warm bodies close to ground but none were him.

Now for the bit that may not be absolutely true:- all the bodies they found were wearing identical sheepskin coats and if you had asked are you the one they are looking for, each one would say "Naaaaa"
It was a SHEEP FARM!

I'm gritting my teeth,

The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, asw120

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #203898 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by overnite.

More
4 years 5 months ago #203905 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Sometimes Sayings.
It's the only way to get on with the missus....

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
4 years 5 months ago #203933 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Saves lots of arguments doesn’t it?

More
4 years 5 months ago #203958 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Yes, Dear also works.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 5 months ago #204007 by Morris
Two or three of years ago, a couple who are members of the HCVCA went to USA for a truck show and some sightseeing. They collected their rental Cadillac and spent the first night in a local motel. Next morning , he checked oil and water (something I have never done in a rental car) and found it was seriously low on oil. They took it back to the car hire place, where they were offered another car. Peter said, no, just top up the oil and we will be OK. Nobody at the rental depot knew how to put oil in a motor. He said, give me the oil and I will put it in. They did not have any oil. He made an agreement to go to Walmart and buy a can of oil and bring back the receipt, so they were reimbursed the cost of the oil.

Writing that reminded me that several years ago, my Wife and I rented a cheap old car in Christchurch, New Zealand. That afternoon, we went down the Banks Peninsula which has a few moderate hills (my Wife insists that the only level and straight road in New Zealand is the highway south from Christchurch) and the brakes were squealing a little. I phoned the nearest depot of the rental company and explained that if I kept driving the car for the thousand or so kilometres we planned, they would have to replace the brake discs which would make a $500 dollar repair instead of a less than $100 one. The young manager did not care. He said it was up to me, I could bring it in for a changeover or just keep driving it. I took it to the depot and we had to wait aver two hours for a replacement car to be returned from the previous hirer. I suspect they just hired out our first car to the next customer without replacing the brake pads.

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
4 years 5 months ago #204011 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Sometimes Sayings.
There was a bloke on this forum from Darwin? or Alice? called Bugly, he made a comment on restorations that struck a cord with me.

Do one job at a time.

Really good advice that!

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #204013 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Just like

A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step

WotSezU?

EDIT

Whoopz

Got Th@ rong

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSyk-Z-bvterCsZUb3lbeRZtvP0s1ghiYXYsIWElNurCuhAuOnn

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Swishy.

More
4 years 5 months ago #204014 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Anyone can take the first step. The man who finishes the journey is the one who counts.

And on the same thought

There is no such thing as trying only doing or not doing.

Time to create page: 1.072 seconds