Skip to main content

Sometimes Sayings.

More
3 years 4 days ago #220714 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Sometimes Sayings.
If God doesn't have a sense of humour, I'm in deep dodo! :S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 days ago #220718 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Morris, My Wife is a Teacher at the Local High School. It's undergoing a fairly extensive Refurbishment.

When It's Finished All the Toilets will be unisex....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 3 days ago #220719 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Sometimes Sayings.
I tried making unisex toilets at school

but I got caught......
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, eerfree

More
3 years 3 days ago #220730 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Sometimes Sayings.
hayseed, I have read before about schools getting unisex toilets.
I am sure that at least one of the other 17 sexes will enjoy tormenting the girls. I just hope that those girls are not so traumatised that they, or their parents, will sue the school and the education Department.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 2 days ago #220750 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Not sure what the thinking is for doing this waste money exercise just to appease yet another minority group. It is as if they have to spend money and the more rediculous the idea the better it makes them feel, typical government waste of funds.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, oliver1950

More
3 years 1 day ago #220779 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Got the same kind of thing up here, I think this pandemic of stupidity is more dangerous than the coronavirus

More
2 years 11 months ago #220836 by hayseed
Grandad, I can see Swishy's Little Cherubs telling us that one Friday Soon...LOL

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 11 months ago #220894 by Morris
Last week I asked for comments on whether I should put up an anti-religious quote from a book I was reading. I have had no comments either for nor against but I will hold it for a while longer as I see that at the moment there are about six members and 671 visitors on the forum. The article would be sure to upset at least one of them.

This week's saying is from my Grandfather who died almost seventy years ago. He must have been born in the 1880's. In his later months, or years, I do not know for how long, he lived with my parents, my Sister and I.

Any time he was hungry, he would ask my Mother "You wouldn't happen to have a slice of cold pudding in your back pocket would you?"

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
2 years 11 months ago #220901 by hayseed
Bung It Up Morris.. You can't please all the people all of the Time, (& you Shouldn't try to) The worst thing that can happen is It Might get deleted ...

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, asw120

More
2 years 11 months ago #221204 by Morris
This is a long quote from the book "Prince of his Country," by Donald Stuart. He was born in 1913 and spent most of his life in the Australian Outback. This part of the story is set at the start of the First World War when a lot of people who were too old to enlist or could not do so, were shaming young men to go to fight.

Peter is telling the hero of the story, Davey, why Davey should not go to war. It is a very anti-religious quote, so if you have very religeous feelings I suggest you do NOT read this.

Peter says:- Stands to reason Davey, the Parsons and Fathers have got it all wrong. What do they say if you ask them a question they can't answer, why, they fall back on Faith. I've seen the day I've had to go to the storekeeper in some place like Peak Hill or Nullagine, or some place like that and had to ask for credit. Well OK, I'm well known and they know damn well I'll come good. They've known me for years and they know I'll come good but they have no evidence. But the Parsons andFathers want a man to have faith in something he can't see. And what say I do have faith and believe all this mumbo-jumbo they dish up. A nice sort of a God, or a Just one a God that's hard and stern but square. I could have that I wouldn't care how hard he was. But no they want you to have faith in a God that would get chased out of any of the old mining camps. Sort of bloke that would'nt have a decent word said of him once they woke up to him. "Praise the Lord for all the and wonderful things He's made but what about the other things. Have we got to thank Him for Leprosy? What about the fellow down on the Ashburton, teamstering, who damn fool, sat on the forecarriage and he falls off. He lands on soft ground and that wakes him up. He crawls the wrong way and the waggon wheels goes over him just below the arse and there he is still alive but hopeless of course. Nobody will ever know how many time he lapsed into unconciousness and came around again and tried to drag himself out. They say there were marks where he had used his hands and arms but it was no good he couldn't get moving. And there he was flat on his back in the heat of the day. Orright, at last he takes him knife out of his knife pouch and they say it must have been hard they way his hards were worn away fro trying to scrape the ground away. Anyway, he gets the knife open and hacks away at his throat until he opens up the big veins and that's that, he bleeds to death nice and quick. Musters came upon his team the next day and went back along the track and found him. There were plenty of crows about but he was past caring about crows. There were piss ants as well but nobody knew if the ants got to him before or after he died. They took him in and had an inquest. You can't have a man dying without an inquest and everything to make it all legal. And what do you think the verdict was? Suicide! Well, I don't blame them, they were only ordinary men. But the Clergy want us to have faith in God. He sees everything, not a sparrow falls out of a tree that he doesn't see. A tiny little bird like that. Nothing happens that is not his will and yet he lets a poor bastard suffer like that. They tell me that this bloke was a good a man as you ever would find, making a good living,had six kids and was as good as you could be to them and his Wife and yet God has to do that to him. No Davey it is not good enough for a bloke who is supposed to be as almighty and powerful as He is supposed to be.

Like that woman in Geraldton I saw once, she got herself blinded when she ran into a neighbour's burning house to get the little kids out but the kids was already out watching the place go up. It was a dirty rotten trick for Him to play on a young woman only married a couple of years and with a kid of her own. Jesus, Davey don't let them tell you He is merciful and all loving. I just won't have it.
And warfare that's another thing Peter has a hate on. He had his share of it he says during the Boer War all galloping here and there or waiting around for weeks at a time like clowns. All those bog flash bastards getting top pay and bloody Knighthoods and all that and they couldn't organise a mob of cattle on the road let alone a war. Do you know there were were more deaths from dysentery than there was from the Boers. There was thousands died of dysentery. Oh, no, Davey, they won't get me again and if this war lasts long enough for you to grow old enough you stay right here and to hell with 'em. Why look, once it was the French that were the villians and England and Prussia teamed up and now it's the French and the Russians and the English against Germany and Turkey. Next time, your guess is as good as mine. You keep out of it, Davey, it's a stinking, rotten business with all the Priests and Parsons blessing their own side and calling downs curses on the other mob.

There is more b ut that is enough for you.

I'm gritting my teeth,

The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, PaulFH, asw120, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.627 seconds