Skip to main content

New format

More
4 years 8 months ago #202003 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic New format
Now everything is a bit upside down, latest post is first, but it's bottom to top, and page 1 is the latest, not the first.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202011 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic New format
Lookin' good,
works for me.

Thank you
-b

Mucking about on the edge

More
4 years 7 months ago #202655 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic New format
Is anyone else still having problems with the new version of the forum?

If i choose latest post first, everything reads from bottom to top which i find really counter intuitive. And what was on page 1 yesterday is on page 2 today, and could be on page 6 next week, so it will be really hard to come back to specific information sometime in the future.

If i choose oldest post first, i get taken to page 1, which in some cases was 5 years ago.

Before the new version, i was always taken to the most recent post in any thread, not page 1 and not from bottom to top, and the pages added in ascending order as they were filled.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202658 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic New format
I don’t like the new version
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 7 months ago #202659 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic New format
me jist replied to a post .... n it pissappeared.... not 2 B seen again
LOL

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #202660 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic New format
I agree that it is crook with posts reading up instead of down - that is not how the English language works. No language reads from the bottom of the page. Some Asian languages read right to left but I don't think we should go down that path.

Last post first is beaut, and what should be there, if it is put on the end of the one before it but with this system it is put in front of the previous posts. Nothing flows. It is like a book with each paragraph added from the bottom of the page.

There must be a way to make it read like the other billion forums on the web.

Terry, I know you must be over it by now but I think the troops would appreciate you looking at it.

Lang
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Morris

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #202668 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic New format
Mine seems to be working just lie the old version but I haven't gone back into the Events section to see if there is a link back to the Forum again as there wasn't one before.
Leading up to the new version I always had an indication that there was still a single thread not read in the General Truck Chat on the home page. I mentioned this to gryphon and he offered help but to no avail. This slight issue carried over to the new version and I got used to it being there all the time. If it showed 5 replies there really was only 4. Well last week it fixed itself so all good again here.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by cobbadog.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202671 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic New format
Mines working just fine. Same basic format as the old forum. It was upsides down in the early days, but has sorted itself out.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #202672 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic New format
I just got your post of this morning on top of Cobbadog's of last night, it is still reading from the bottom on my computer.

Lang
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Lang.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202679 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic New format
All working fine for me, same as before. I always read via Recent Topics, if that makes any difference. Using Firefox.
If on the 'phone, I do have to turn it sideways to display properly, but have gotten used to this.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds