Skip to main content

Electric vehicles and alternate fuel sources

More
4 years 7 months ago #202398 by Bluey60
It’s sad the green brigade in their lecytric cars don’t seem to realise or if they do would never admit they go home at night and charge up on dirty smelly coal
Bluey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202420 by cobbadog
But a 'Bat Flattery" will stop him.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202437 by geoffb
Ever one praises these electric cars Yet you never hear of the cost to dispose of them and that the car car still require old school manufacturing process Mmmmm

More
4 years 7 months ago #202438 by Lang
I think they will eventually come. The BS talked about them now is prodigious as they are nothing more than experimental for average daily use.

Short range and long charging times need to be addressed before there is any possibility of them becoming main stream.

One of the main problems is the fact they pay no excise so are getting the power equivalent of 45c a litre off their fuel. Until they figure out a way to make them pay their fair share of road tax their costings are complete fairyland stuff.

There is a proposal in Parliament to scrap the fuel excise and make people pay by the distance driven using trackers. This is pure user-pay policy and on the face of it very fair. Unfortunately the drive-to-church-on-Sunday mob contribute to the millions of trucks on the road equally with the high milers. Suppose the trucks could be hit once again with the old road tax and everybody would contribute via higher Coles check-out prices??

Lang

More
4 years 7 months ago #202453 by asw120
Lang, I have thought about something like that for years. It could have the happy side effect of negating the need for historic rego. I have wondered, though how it could done without sending the truckies broke.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
4 years 7 months ago #202470 by JOHN.K.
Already a system in NZ something like that.....you get a 5000km rego for a certain price,or a greater distance for higher.......all the trucks have hubometers,with seals on them.........However ,they were talking about that in Oz in the 70s ,simply it would cost important/influential/rich people who are currently subsidised by the low milage driver........and the federal government would never give up the fuel tax.......they make too much out of it..............Incidentally,several US states charge a yearly extra fee for electric cars.....around $200.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #202474 by BillyP
.Didn't Grand Ma Duck drive a lectric bizzo……………….?????????
………………...Billy...……………...

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by BillyP.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202481 by Morris
Yes, she did. In the comics it was always called "Granma's Little Ole Electric." I think somebody once identified the drawings as a Baker brand.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 6 months ago #202798 by Swishy

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL