Skip to main content

Casual employees.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202500 by JOHN.K.
Casual employees. was created by JOHN.K.
I went down the backyard to order some schoolkids out,and in the long grass I see a orange shape,well hidden.........Anyhoo ,its a gas nail gun,with a company name written on it,and a phone no.......check on Amazon ,and a Hilti GX120-ME gun is kinda dear ...like $2200 US.........I ring the cops to report it ,hoping to get some action against these kids,less than zero interest from the boys in blue......Anyway,I ring the company name /number,and ask if a fastener gun is missing ....yeah......so I get back to the cops ,if I can hand it back to the company..........long delay,very long,eventually,its yeah ,hand it back..So I ring the boss,hes working at the high school down the road......Mansfield High,right nest of thieves and junior criminals.......even he doesnt seem real interested in getting it back......maybe he ll be round next week..........for a $3000+ gun.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202502 by Monster
Replied by Monster on topic Casual employees.
Probably wants to claim it on insurance and get a new one!!

More
4 years 8 months ago #202504 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Casual employees.
I would think it would cause them a bit of drama if WHSO found out it was taken by kids from the worksite at a school.........I remember many years ago,at a special school ,a carpenter put down a lekky saw he was using ,and went off ,kid picked it up ,pressed it against his leg,and hit the trigger.........instant no leg........long before the big WHSO dramas ,tho,and the leg was sewed back on.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #202506 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Casual employees.
I had an electrician around here doing some work and he left behind his you-beaut lecky testing machine. I rang to let him know it was here, and he said he'd be around in a couple of days. 12 months later, it's still waiting here for him.

Regarding your find John, if your guy was doing a job for a public school he probably charged enough to pay for a complete new set of tools. In my experience, public servants (and I was one) don't know enough about how to negotiate reasonable prices for work they get quoted on.

Dennis
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by IHScout.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202513 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic Casual employees.
And I always wondered why the council rates increased.......

More
4 years 7 months ago #202790 by JOHN.K.
This has turned into a never ending story......everytime these teens light a fire,I ring the cops and register a complaint......they will get sick of it sooner than I do........anyhoo,last visit ,a sargeant came along,he suggested ,nicely,as coppers do,that I get rid of all the burnt furniture,and stuff.......anyhoo ,hint taken,so I load it all up and take it over the other yard.......quite heavy ,all steel scrap with the plastic gone...........this causes some upset in the teens,they suggest they might burn me out.........not far fetched,dry as tinder in the back paddock......Anyhoo,everything they bring,I load up and dump the next day......I patrol the yard every morning with the dumpy.Saturday morning ,there a good looking folding table and some tidy chairs there......too good to dump,so off to the other yard............next teens want to know WTF?.......I dumped it says I...........much upset......was good stuff from home......but nothing has appeared since......and Im getting my old trailbike going so I can do a night patrol,too.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202792 by JOHN.K.
You gotta admit teen boys are smart......they need a fireguard,to stop the campfire spreading.........so what do they use ?......and old truck tire.......needless to say ,there is lots of black smoke,firies come........best thing is that it got rid of 90% of an old 10.00 tire.

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds