Skip to main content

Transport Supply Chain

More
4 years 1 month ago #206147 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Transport Supply Chain
Caterpillar diesels used to advertize that the truck motors could be run on black diesel,same as a D7E..Cat did have lots of big filters tho....Anyhoo ,rubber tyres have got lots of oil in them,and its not hard to get it out.....just a bit smelly which has got the nimbys agin it.
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 1 month ago #206148 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Transport Supply Chain
If that idea that Cobba mentioned takes off, we are going to need a lot more plastics factories to keep all the transport running. Sort of defeats the purpose don't you think.
More
4 years 1 month ago #206159 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Transport Supply Chain
Two things spring to mind here-
1) I don't mind at all having a discssion that can be interesting, thought provoking, and educational all in one- the way dicussion should be! Not name calling and a descent into abuse, which sadly seems to be the way all too often. A good discussion is a wonderful thing! So don't feel bad Lang. It's about trucks, but we all live in the world..
2) I reckon that over population is the answer to nearly everything. There is nearly NO environmental problem that isn't either caused by too many people, or can't be be cured, by having less people.... The bit thats got me stuffed, is that it's simply NEVER mentioned apart from very rarely.. Expoloding suburbs, more and more cars, pollution, crime, the list goes on. Australia's population grows, in REAL terms, by one extra person every minute and a half....(Thats from the ABS website)
All for so called economic growth. Despite the fact that it's wrecking the joint. And we are supposed to be sustainable???? Huh? It's nuts.
Thoughts?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dno, Lang, Southbound
More
4 years 1 month ago #206162 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Transport Supply Chain
Kids can’t afford houses because they haven’t got off their iPhones etc and worked hard and long for years. We never had first home buyers grants, stamp duty reductions, paid childcare etc etc, and still they whinge. They think the government should give it to them. They don’t realise the only money the government has is what it steals from workers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dno, Southbound
More
4 years 1 month ago #206163 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Transport Supply Chain
Lang when someone makes a statement that implicates people's way of life as a major blame to an alledged climate problem then that someone has to expect a response

I say alledged climate problem because despite what people say from either side of this camp we wont know until years to come if this was ever going to be a problem or not

The problem with all research is it is in the interpretation of the results as to the outcome

Science isnt exact, if it was everything would have been worked out years ago

Some years ago the AIMS institute (Australian Institute of Marine Science) south of Townsville had their first open day in 20 years and I went along for a look
I learnt from the researchers that they take coral core samples out of the reef and with these core samples they can see each year, they can see huge wet seasons and no wet seasons

They also told me that according to the coral samples we haven't seen the driest times by a long shot
North QLD went for more than 50 consecutive years with out a wet season
Also the time since Australia was colonized are some of wettest years

As to what this means I dont know

I gather that what was been eluded to was that working on our averages from since colonization may not be reliable because in the grand scheme of things our time is quite short since we have been here

Also I do know if you were to drop a box or iron bark tree that was say 400 - 500 years old you can actually see how good the seasons have been in the none tropical parts of Australia by the size and spacing of the rings

As to our climate and all the greenie BS my opinion is a bit different than most
I feel if we can find a better way we should do it
We should try to be as clean as we can etc

Pro Drive

We are on the big hamster wheel of life
We are told if we arent growing we are in a recession and apparently thats a fate worse the death
The quickest and easiest way to not go into recession is to increase population
The easiest way to do that is to bring more people here

Once you go past 14 people in a mini minor things get cramped, I'm guessing the sames gunna happen in Australia

Some how we, as in everyone has to change our out look, our expectations
If you buy a house and it doesn't increase in value you are told you bought a dud

If you dont get a pay rise each year the boss is shafting you

We all want and demand growth, we are told we must do and want this

Lang I was reading a interesting research two days ago which not only backed up what I already new but went further

Cattle rotationally grazing range land enhance the environmental sustainability of grass lands
When done correctly cattle actually reduce the carbon foot print to bellow zero and remove carbon from the atmosphere
This is achieved because grazed well managed pasture encourages fresh growth, reduces erosion and that increased growth uses more carbon

If we want to reduce carbon dioxide we would in fact clear all trees and plant annual crops over the earths surface
They take up carbon dioxide far quicker than any tree
So all the do gooder tree huggers planting and protecting trees are wrecking the planet by planting trees and protecting old growth forests

It is a very funny world we live in.

None of what I say is meant to be a insult to anyone

And one last thing, almost all methane ruminants produce is from burping not farting.

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: eerfree, dno, Southbound
More
4 years 1 month ago #206164 by dno
Replied by dno on topic Transport Supply Chain
Over population, hard sell to the masses.
We do have a huge population and consumption problem.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #206165 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Transport Supply Chain
Years ago Billy Conolly worked out a way of reducing the population. Bring back cannibalism . Start with the aged and infirmed, the gays, the uneducated and work your way down.
I guess now he is aged and infirm, he has probably changed his mind.... or maybe not.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by wee-allis.
More
4 years 1 month ago #206167 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Transport Supply Chain
Good points Paul.

As you say very difficult to get the right answers. I think it is very funny when people with a particular point of view completely dismiss any opposing research and totally embrace any supporting research. My scientists are better than your scientists. It makes most "discussions" a nonsense.

I still stick to my theory that the answer to most problems, be it climate, social or economic change, lays somewhere in the middle. That is why we have such a good country - we have always had a central leaning government be it Liberal or Labor and a central leaning population. The extremes of right wing fascism or left wing communism be they parliamentary or dictatorships have never got a foot hold here and hopefully never will.

The forces controlling the climate debate are pretty balanced. The greenies are extremely vocal and influence many while the people producing the problem are very quiet but very powerful. My bet is the end result will be social pressure will redirect the producers to slowly and sensibly modify their behaviour while the same social pressure will see the damage the greenies can create to our way of life and they will have to modify their dreamworld demands to something that is economically and socially viable.

And so we meet in the middle.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, Mrsmackpaul, Southbound
More
4 years 1 month ago #206173 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Transport Supply Chain
My answer is simple.....close the coal mines in Qld,,the state govt is out $4 billion a year ,they will raise the money by screwing those with a bit of money ,but little power...As always.
More
4 years 1 month ago #206179 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Transport Supply Chain

Lang wrote: Good points Paul.

As you say very difficult to get the right answers. I think it is very funny when people with a particular point of view completely dismiss any opposing research and totally embrace any supporting research. My scientists are better than your scientists. It makes most "discussions" a nonsense.

I still stick to my theory that the answer to most problems, be it climate, social or economic change, lays somewhere in the middle. That is why we have such a good country - we have always had a central leaning government be it Liberal or Labor and a central leaning population. The extremes of right wing fascism or left wing communism be they parliamentary or dictatorships have never got a foot hold here and hopefully never will.

The forces controlling the climate debate are pretty balanced. The greenies are extremely vocal and influence many while the people producing the problem are very quiet but very powerful. My bet is the end result will be social pressure will redirect the producers to slowly and sensibly modify their behaviour while the same social pressure will see the damage the greenies can create to our way of life and they will have to modify their dreamworld demands to something that is economically and socially viable.

And so we meet in the middle.

Lang

Lang thats the point I keep on trying to make to people
It isnt a all or nothing type deal
We like our way of life and hopefully we continue to settle in the middle
It might not be 100% right but compared to the rest of the world its pretty darn good
Yes we are in a mess at the moment but hopefully common sense will prevail

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds