Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BUSH FIRE

BUSH FIRE 03 Feb 2020 13:38 #206229

• lantana jack
  • lantana jack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 9
For starters, a subject every Australian should be tested on at school...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

BUSH FIRE 03 Feb 2020 13:45 #206230

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 260
The little rats setting fires in my back yard know all about it......and they also know well that the cops wont take any notice of them.......I must have put in 50 complaints to the cops about teens setting fires,at one stage they said I was a "vexatious complainant"......but pulled their heads in when I wrote an actual letter to the comissioner.......Anyhoo,I finally got some action recently when the cops couldnt ignore the complaints.,and one older kid seems to have disappeared.They are all doing drugs too,which the cops also ignore.......

BUSH FIRE 03 Feb 2020 13:51 #206231

• JOHN.K.
Also had the juvenile aid cops come and give me a lecture about "one charge ruining kids lives"......what about "do the crime ,do the time".......one call ,the woman on police line said ......lighting fires isnt a crime ,ya know....and when I started pointing out it was arson ,I got transferred to a nasty old copper who gave me the third degree.

BUSH FIRE 03 Feb 2020 16:15 #206237

• wee-allis
  • Thank you received: 140
Today is the first day so far this year that we have no active fires threatening our little town. We have lost lives and almost 700 homes plus out buildings and businesses in our Shire. Those fighting the fires, volunteers, town brigades, council workers, forestry and national parks workers, the Army and other Defence personnel have worked tirelessly for weeks on end to save what is left. Added to these are the traffic controllers and the volunteers at the evacuation centres. A special appreciation goes to the skill and dedication of the pilots of both the choppers and the fantastic Air Tractors who flew from daylight till dark, day after day.
The whole area and indeed the entire state owe these people an amount of appreciation which cannot be expressed enough.

However, just this last Saturday night a fire broke out just 21/2 kms from our place which was put out after a short battle. Then Sunday morning, some arsehole relit it!! There is no way of working out how these mongrels think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, cobbadog

BUSH FIRE 03 Feb 2020 22:39 #206244

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 379
We had a small fire that popped up from being underground burning in the peat. It was knocked over so fast you wouldn't believe it.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe.

BUSH FIRE 04 Feb 2020 12:39 #206251

• lantana jack

wee-allis wrote: Today is the first day so far this year that we have no active fires threatening our little town. We have lost lives and almost 700 homes plus out buildings and businesses in our Shire...

You’ve got to wonder why in a country with 50,000 years of hard won fire knowledge that we still have houses getting burnt down ?

BUSH FIRE 04 Feb 2020 21:07 #206260

• wee-allis
  • Thank you received: 140
Jack there is no rhyme or reason to it. We have had homes surrounded by trees and bush, totally untouched, yet 2 streets away from the bush, 3 or 4 homes in a row destroyed. New build brick homes wiped out, but right next door, 80 year old timber houses not touched.

There is one place in Mogo, a small town north of here, where the brick Aboriginal Land Council building was wiped out, but right next door is a child care centre with a massive shade sail over the playground without so much as a blister.

Nothing makes sense. Just such a tragic loss all round.

Last edit: by wee-allis.

BUSH FIRE 05 Feb 2020 13:54 #206286

• lantana jack
A lesson in fuel load control...

“...A picture tells a thousand words. Some people say that prescribed burning doesn't work. This photo ... clearly shows how the bushfire defoliated/decimated the forest on the right side of the picture, then ran out of steam as it hit the forest to the left which was control burnt the previous year...”

www.michaelsmithnews.com/2020/02/great-p...trolled-burning.html

BUSH FIRE 05 Feb 2020 15:49 #206288

• JOHN.K.
When I was a kid,the old man used to burn off on a calm winter night ......every night for months....light the fire about 4 in the afternoon,and it would burn until the dew set as the temperature fell.Then the fire would go out......No sticks ,no leaf litter,no limbs ,and the grass would come up green for the cows to eat.....The jerks and greens opposed to landowner burnoffs have stopped this...Entirely.... With complaints every time they smell smoke,you got some dickhead in a uniform threatening you,or actually writing penalties or prosecutions......Its no use of cleaning your property to bare ground if the tree hugger next property has overgrown bush,because the fire gets into the treetops in the greens place,and burns into yours uncontrollable.......I seen all this happen to the old man in the 1980s and 90s ....not alowed to manage your own land ....some jumped up idiot in a uniform is telling you what to do...........These guys may be brave fighting fires ,but they still got the attitude they know everything,and the peasants got to obey them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, Mrsmackpaul

BUSH FIRE 06 Feb 2020 14:52 #206322

• lantana jack

JOHN.K. wrote: ......Its no use of cleaning your property to bare ground if the tree hugger next property has overgrown bush,because the fire gets into the treetops in the greens place,and burns into yours uncontrollable.......

...and the peasants got to obey them.

And now, a few wise words from one of the climate cult leaders...

“...My name is Greta Thunberg. I am sixteen years old. I come from Sweden. And I want you to panic.

I want you to act as if your house was on fire.

I have said these words before.

...To panic unless you have to is a terrible idea. But when your house is on fire and you want to keep your house from burning to the ground then that does require some level of panic...”

(Extract from a speech given to European Parliment, Strasbourg, 16 April 2019. Reference via book: “No One Is Too Small To Make a Difference” by Greta Thunberg 2019)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly: ........................:huh:

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558