Ex Military Auction

More
4 years 2 months ago #206709 by Blackduck59
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #206735 by lantana jack
Replied by lantana jack on topic Ex Military Auction
I seems to recall a few years back they said all the Macks would be sold out by late 2019. And yet they is still going. Were there some problems with the replacement vehicles ?

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley

More
4 years 2 months ago #206736 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Ex Military Auction
What were the replacement vehicles supposed to be. any idea?

More
4 years 2 months ago #206740 by lantana jack

Dave_64 wrote: What were the replacement vehicles supposed to be. any idea?

MAN something or others... trucks built after the 80’s loose my interest..;)

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Morris

More
4 years 2 months ago #206741 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Ex Military Auction
After the 6x6 macks ,the army got a lot of standard commercial models with long trays and tippers......The 6x6 Macks wernt much good,very long turning circle and too heavy on the front.....Typical Australian Army,they were designed and tested with 18.00 tyres,then economy took over and they had to be fitted with 12.00x20 standard tyres ....which meant the front wheels would sink in to nay surface but roadway.....Someone says there are some old 4x4 ACCOs at the Bandiana disposal area,haveny come up for sale tho.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
4 years 2 months ago #206754 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Ex Military Auction
Cupla handy trailers up for grabs too.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
4 years 2 months ago #206812 by lantana jack

JOHN.K. wrote: After the 6x6 macks ,the army got a lot of standard commercial models with long trays and tippers......The 6x6 Macks wernt much good,very long turning circle and too heavy on the front.....Typical Australian Army,they were designed and tested with 18.00 tyres,then economy took over and they had to be fitted with 12.00x20 standard tyres ....which meant the front wheels would sink in to nay surface but roadway.....Someone says there are some old 4x4 ACCOs at the Bandiana disposal area,haveny come up for sale tho.

Some Accos went through the sales a month or so back.

Re the 6x6 Macks. I seen a still in Mil service re-fueler version getting serviced out Archerfield way a few weeks back. So they is still going.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #206826 by JOHN.K.
Wonder where the ACCO s came from....possibly from a collection somewhere ...typical army to sell vehicles set aside for museums etc when they have an economy drive..............there is also a Scammel Contractor and some ACCO/F1 6x6 tippers coming up at Thurgowa,...dunno where that is.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
4 years 2 months ago #206832 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Ex Military Auction
Thurgoona is just north of Albury.

Near the Ettamogah Pub.

More
4 years 1 month ago #206927 by JOHN.K.
Seems there might be a White scout car and a couple of Ferrets as well in the sale ,said to be in April....also see suggestions the Scammel is from the Navy s steam vehicle club,used to carry the steam vehicles they have/had.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds