Skip to main content

The Rise And Fall Of Australia's Manufacturing Industry

More
3 years 10 months ago #211246 by KellyTractors
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobsboy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211251 by wee-allis
If you really want to understand the cause of the demise of manufacturing and sustainability in Australia, just Google "The LIMA Declaration", signed in Lima, Peru in March 1975.
It set in motion the events which caused Australia and other nations to become buyers instead of producers.

Instigated by the UN, basically what it set out to do, was in an effort to support Third World countries, the advanced industrial nations, Australia included, were to transfer industrial resources to the Third World and then provide markets for their exports by buying products once made locally. It sure worked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KellyTractors

More
3 years 10 months ago #211259 by Mrsmackpaul
I think it started before then, I believe the catalyst that started this was when the UK joined the EEC
We lost our export markets and then had to start doing deals to open up export markets into other countries

I believe that was the beginning of the end for Australia

Ironically the UK could never compete in Europe and lost its manufacturing, funny how things work out

I firmly believe this has led to a lot of problems Australia faces today outside of manufacturing

Very sad how we can be affected in such a negative way with out doing anything wrong

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 10 months ago #211261 by JOHN.K.
Australia is a fools paradise ,and very nice place to live.......I just hope it lasts long enough to see me out.

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds