Skip to main content

Fascinating work methods

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #212962 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Fascinating work methods
I'll back you up here Morris. At the time there was even an article in Truck and Bus, warning about these "A" and "H" tyres. Apparently some operators were trialing them on trailers.
But memory tells me it was mid to late '80s.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by wee-allis.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #212963 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Fascinating work methods
Gajah Tunggal are actually an Indonesian company. They are the largest tyre make in South East Asia

Established in 1951, PT. Gajah Tunggal Tbk began its tire manufacturing by producing bicycle tires and became the largest integrated tire producer in South-East Asia. Produces and distribute high quality tires for passenger car, SUV's, commercial, off-the-road, industrial and motorcycles with brand GT Radial, Gajah Tunggal, IRC, and Zeneos. We also manufacture and distribute other rubber related products such as synthetic rubber, tire cords, inner tube, flap, o-ring and more.

Our company vision is to maintain and strength then domestic market leadership in the Indonesian tire industry and to achieve recognition as a financially sound and reputable manufacturer of quality tires in the global market and keep growing business and sales in Asia, Australia, Middle East, Africa, Europe, North and South America.

In 2014, the Company employed a total of more than 14.000 people. Approximately 90% of the employees are employed in the tires division and 10% in the Tire Cord and SBR division. Management believes that a diverse workforce is essential for continuous innovation. Aside from that, newly joined employees can provide ideas and breakthroughs that can meet future market demand.

Not trying to start an argument but the horse and animal branding on tyres is pretty fanciful. Gajah Tenggal brand A on tyres from their Tengerang Plant "A" and, those from their Benteng Plant "H" carry H.

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
3 years 8 months ago #212965 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Fascinating work methods

Lang wrote:
Not trying to start an argument but the horse and animal branding on tyres is pretty fanciful.
Lang

Back in 1997 I spent 2 months backpacking around India.
Everywhere i went there were Wagons & carts of various descriptions being drawn by Horses. Oxen & (n the North near Pakistan) Camels. They all had 8.25x20 Rag Tyres that looked like copies of the Old Goodyear Olympic Hi-Miler. Every Tyre I looked at, had written/branded on them " ADV(Animal Drawn Vehicle) only". Whereas the Ones on Trucks (that Looked almost Identical) had the Words "For Highway use" on them..

I remember talking t o My Tyre Bloke when I got Home about It, He said he'd heard of a Batch of ADV Only Tyres being Imported & all Promptly flying to Bits ..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang

More
3 years 8 months ago #212966 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Fascinating work methods
The tyres in the Truck and Bus article were definitely from India, and as Seed said, were ADV only.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #212967 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Fascinating work methods
You are probably right but strange that one of India's big tyre manufacturers is ADV.

Here we go. They are still available. ADV the company also produce Animal Drawn Tyres as well as every other type. Most of the Indian tyre companies appear to produce them also.
www.indiamart.com/rpl-industries/animal-...n-vehicle-tyres.html

This has now been blurred even more with every major world tyre maker now producing ADV Tyres for motorcycles. In this case it is short for Adventure and refers to off-road style of tyre. As most of the Indian ADV designated tyres seem to be 19 inch, a very common motorcycle size, I wonder if the scrutineers at a big enduro event would pick up on somebody trying to save a dollar.

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Lang.

More
3 years 8 months ago #213024 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Fascinating work methods
Dad trialled Aliance tyres back in the 70’s.
They came from Israel, each tyre fully wrapped in paper tape or similar.
They were terrific and heaps cheaper than a Bandag.
But then they had a bit of a war and that was the end of importing those tyres.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 8 months ago #213027 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Fascinating work methods
same here Jeffo
wen the big cart arrived (aka Freddy Flinstone with the useless RSend frame) twaz gunna cost a fortune for Michelins
so he opted out for alliance
4x8 float & 2x8 dolly = 48 tyres
FCS

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 8 months ago #213043 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Fascinating work methods
I remember Alliance tyres on Dads old FC wagon and he told me they came from Israel and is the only reason the brand stuck in my mind apart from them squeeling like a pig in deliverance country. Boy didn't they howl going around corners.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds