John K's Shed building Adventure

More
3 years 5 months ago #216095 by Mrsmackpaul
Fun times, will have to get a not so happy dog and tie it up near the steel

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #216100 by JOHN.K.
Its supposed to be a package deal ,in a house build ,the builder would be insured against theft and my contract includes $500 for some kind of QBSA insurance,think its just a completion guarantee.......Other thing PO s me,is Im paying a "QBSA Portable Long Service "Levy........really PO d by that ,as my claim for a portable long service payout after 7 years was refused by the QBSA on some flimsy excuse...............better read the fine print..about 100 pages.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
3 years 4 months ago #217360 by JOHN.K.
Rod has asked about the shed.....well so far ,there is zero action on the shed front...........Titan have told me "Dont call us-we'll call you"...so far they havent,but assure me I am on a list ,not forgotten................meantime ,new owner at Willawong has been getting in fill,and learning a few things about the trucking industry...............I told him fill dumping costs money ,he went ahead with some sharpie supposedly to get compactable fill.........shocked to discover the sharpie is getting $100 a load to dump horrible clay ,looked good in the dry,recent rain ,I nearly got stuck in it ...really ,I sunk to my knees ,and couldnt get out without lying down in the mud and rolling .....what a mess.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223229 by JOHN.K.
Thought I d report ..the shed is finally finished ......last stage was the roof and downpipe drainage .....couldnt get anyone to do it .....maybe next year ,mate......anyway ,finally got a massive quote from Fallon Solutions.....bit of plastic pipe ,small excavator for 1/2 day ,and its finished ...cost $6100.......I was expecting maybe $1500 would be the outside.......In Qld ,you cant do your own stormwater drainage ,since about 2018......Certifier coming next week for final inspection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 9 months ago #223230 by overnite
Ouch!!!!

More
2 years 9 months ago #223235 by cobbadog
Sounds like Ned Kelly is still alive and well in Qld.
Can you use contractors to say excavate and a plumber to lay the pipe and then have it passed?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223244 by overnite
It’s a joke where was to water going to go before the shed was built? On the ground and be absorbed, but once you build a shed it’s got to be piped to the gutter and down a drain, which is exactly where it would have ended up if the ground couldn’t absorb it. I must be missing something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 9 months ago #223252 by JOHN.K.
I asked the certifier about alternatives ......he says the drainage is already on the limit for flow and roof area,so I couldnt use ordinary rubble pits......as for getting plumbers to any kind of construction work ,forget it ........every one I contacted was "maybe early next year".......only reason I could get Fallons to do it before the approval ran out they are about twice the price.......Its basically down to Titan......they took nine months to complete the shed .
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 9 months ago #223257 by cobbadog
So this cost is on the Titan the shed builders I hope?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223270 by JOHN.K.
No way.....Titans sell you the shed ,the rest is your responsibility.....anyway ,it took them nine months to get the shed up,another nine months to do the drains,and I d be paying for an extension of the approval.............Ive been told there is another catch too.....I dont fill the shed with stuff before final inspection......if the certifier doesnt accept that its for "Domestic storage",he can refuse the certificate.....Seems the approved use is for parking cars and boats,and maybe a mobile home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds