Skip to main content

Todays Musings

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
2 years 11 months ago #221089 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Todays Musings
2nd hand pre luvd shipping containers any grade now double in price if U can get m

WotSezU?

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221106 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Todays Musings

JOHN.K. wrote: heres a rant......anyone noticed the prices of used machines have skyrocketed?.......Ive been looking for a used excavator around 5 to 10 ton size........there is nothing under $40k,and most are dealer stock around the $70 k mark.....I was also looking at crane trucks .......twenty years old and maybe 2 years left on the Cranesafe.....$50k +,many around $70k..........many with Cranesafe overdue,still wanting same prices ,yet most 20 year old trucks are around $25k.

Spotted a crane truck in Brisbane on FB market place John .
1993 Mitsubishi fm series
A$30,000
Vehicles
Listed 2 weeks ago in Brisbane, QLD
About This Vehicle
Exterior color: White ยท Interior color: Brown
Fuel type: Diesel
Seller's description
Front Mounted Crane Truck
8 Speed split box -
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #221110 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Todays Musings
Hi,

I, with agreement from the other mods, have changed the subject of this thread from 'Todays Rant' to 'Todays musing' as any post with such a potentially broad range of topics encouraging you to rant tends to make moderators very nervous, it is just going to create work and worry for us. :) So far most of the posts have been interesting and more musing than ranting so we are more comfortable to tone it down and encourage musing and let it run its own course for now.

If you still feel a need to rant and are using the Forum instead of seeking professional therapy we may have to start sending out bills for our services. :)

Terry
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, cobbadog, Morris

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #221112 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Todays Musings
Excellent choice - I almost suggested renaming it Today's Rants and Ramblings when I said "I don't see any point in ranting" two days ago.

Well done moderators, I can happily ramble on as per usual . . . :woohoo:
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout

More
2 years 11 months ago #221117 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Todays Musings
Well my musing of the day was going to be: if every new apprentice is sent down the road to buy a left handed screwdriver, why doesn't someone market left handed screwdrivers, so new apprentices can get their own back. However, I Googled left-handed screwdrivers and some b*gger has stolen my idea!!
Lefty's
So this is now a rant. How come evey time I get an good idea, someone jumps in and steels it before I can put pen to paper.

Dennis

More
2 years 11 months ago #221128 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Todays Musings

Sarge :-X wrote: And from what I hear there might be real mouses hovering over my houses when I get back home.....????????

If they're anything Like they are here, Sarge.. There will be No Might about, & they'll be Hoovering (not hovering) everything in sight...

Check the Video Out. It's a few Hours North of me, But you get the Idea..

www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-18/mice-plag...cting-crops/13255486

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 11 months ago #221131 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Todays Musings
They're here too (but not in plague proportions) and while commenting on the "Roadranger questions" one of our traps went off.

Result: No mouse in the house, :evil: it's now in the bin and the trap has been reset.

IF
I had seen the previous post a bit sooner I could have included a piccie of the mouse in the trap. :blink:

More
2 years 11 months ago #221139 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Todays Musings
Each year we get an influx of little field mice. Nothing like the plagues happening now, just the little buggers getting into everything they can.

Now me, being a softie who hates to kill anything other than mosquitos and spiders, I set live catch traps. When I catch one, I take it out into the yard, call up the magpies and Kookaburras, release the mouse and watch nature take it's course. That way I didn't kill anything.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221167 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Todays Musings
And I have a McDonald engine for mosquito control.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds