Skip to main content

A Drawing

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #221211 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic A Drawing
235Mack

It is not kosher in Queensland either but if you obey the rules you only encourage the bastards. It is why I mentioned not going down Morris' path and painting over the numbers but leaving them reflective and only doing the background.

If you do a good job the chances of a problem are about zero. I think they are more worried about people plucking numbers out of the air to do burnouts or a bank job

Lang
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Lang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221237 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic A Drawing
Hi Morris, the problem with that idea is that the poor quality pour of the castings leave none of the numbers and letters proud and in parts completely missing. So today I took my oil silver coloured felt pen and attacked the plates and they are what they are. Had a delivery for work so no pics today.
NSW plates the numbers and letters are plain coloured on the Black n Yellow plates and same for the old Black n White as well and the back ground Yellow is the reflective but the Black background is not and the White fades away.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221253 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic A Drawing
Cobba

Found another one right up your alley. He reckons it could be easily restored for $1,000. On Marketplace Woodgate near Bundaberg just up the road from you.

Lang
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 11 months ago #221273 by cobbadog
Looks like a very nice 30C with an after market pre cleaner on top of the intake.
Don't know how many $1,000.00 it would take but I do know it would be more than 4 of them. Could possibly make it start n run for that money. I wonder if it comes with a misfire too? which is my very next thing to do on our one and get it finalised at last.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #221275 by cobbadog
Here are the three new ones and the Goulburn one is hanging up in the lounge room from years ago. I will have to touch up these buggas but will win and be happy with what they are not how pretty they are not. They measure 8" across and are 4" high.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by cobbadog.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221477 by cobbadog
Well the drawing is in a frame and up on the wall along with the other tractor signs and now the carriage plates are mounted and up too.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Lang, PaulFH, roKWiz, V8Ian, oliver1950

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #221492 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic A Drawing
Hoooeee, wait for a rash of wall displays from our offices/sheds/hidey-holes/withdrawal rooms/wherever . . . :unsure:

. . . I'm sure we must have some interesting ones out there. Mine is a bit so-so but can't post it at the moment as my phone is flat as a tack. (Most mobiles are flat, aren't they? :pinch:)
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 11 months ago #221496 by cobbadog
Dont hide the displays away in a shed or an office, proudly display them at home on the lounge room wall ! (if your allowed, like I am). :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds