Skip to main content

Is this a scam?

More
2 years 11 months ago #221212 by Lang
Is this a scam? was created by Lang
I recently have seen many of these adds popping up while I am looking on Marketplace or Gumtree. There is some fantastic stuff and the web site all looks fair dinkum but the prices are too good to be true. Anybody ordered some of this gear off those popup adds?

cloudmeen.com/product/3100-all-steel-toolbox/

Lang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221214 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Is this a scam?
I think the price says it all
The following user(s) said Thank You: V8Ian

More
2 years 11 months ago #221225 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Is this a scam?
Give 'em your Credit Card Number & tell us how you Get on Lang..

There's another Mob selling R.M. Williams Boots for $50 a Pair..........

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 11 months ago #221226 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Is this a scam?
IF it was true I'd buy two and then have two chrome bumper bars, two sets of headlights, and a set of rims and tyres for less than the price of one tyre!

Damn that's great value, how could it possibly be a scam? :whistle:

More
2 years 11 months ago #221229 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Is this a scam?
Me thinks that price is the [strike]monthly[/strike] weekly repayments Lang.... :dry: :blink: :whistle:

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
2 years 11 months ago #221230 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Is this a scam?
Hi,

the website domain name was registered 27 days ago and most of the photos of products, about 20 or so were only available in the last 3-5 days. The image also appears on a number of other similar sort of sites like flashsop.com that are cheaply set up to get some money quickly and get discarded

A search of the image shows up on Pintrest and an Automotive FB page and I couldn't find the source but if you look at the background behind the blue one that shows a partial URL on the poster and it is likely that is the original supplier of these things.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, V8Ian

More
2 years 11 months ago #221241 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Is this a scam?
Well the up side is that you can purchase using PayPal and they garantee full refund on dodgy sales. Just might be worth a try if your up for a new tool box.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #221243 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Is this a scam?

cobbadog wrote: Well the up side is that you can purchase using PayPal and they garantee full refund on dodgy sales. Just might be worth a try if your up for a new tool box.

I noticed the PayPal option, and thought the same thing, but I still think I’d stay clear
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by overnite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 11 months ago #221244 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Is this a scam?
If as Terry suggested they set up for as long as they can to suck in customers then flee the scene it matters not if they have Paypal as they have their money and have closed shop by the time Paypal try to recover their dough. They are happy, customer is happy with a refund but Paypal cop the pain. We really can't complain about their commissions and charges if they have to cover thousands of these scammers and shysters hard at work to come up with new traps every day.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris

More
2 years 11 months ago #221245 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Is this a scam?
Yep, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

I have been looking for a crew-can ute. Last week on Gumtree, I found a 2015 Nissan Navara that fitted my criteria. It was said to have done only 87000 kilometres and was in perfect condition. The price was half to a third of similar vehicles with much higher mileages. It was in my State, so although I was suspicious I enquired. After two emails the offer got so good, with free, insured delivery on a tilt tray tuck to my home and five days testing of the car before I committed to buy. The seller was said to be in Tasmania and was going overseas for several years. I had offered to pay with cash or electronic transfer but the seller wanted me to pay into paypal. He said that paypal would hold my money until I told them I wanted to proceed with the purchase. He said the car would be delivered on a RAAF boat to the port and then by truck to me, after I put the money in to paypal. I emailed to ask whether the car was in Tasmania or Victoria because the original ad said it was in Victoria. I said the offer was looking too good to be true and I suspoected it was a scam. I said I apologise if I am wrong but I will not pay money to anybody until I see the car. I finished by saying that if he did not reply I would know it was a scam. He has not replied and the ad is no longer there.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds