Skip to main content

Any one had the jab yet

More
2 years 8 months ago #224638 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Any one had the jab yet
I heard today ..... "80% of eligible people"...... no definition..... I wonder if 80% of us old fats on here have been jabbed.... certainly my own cohort is almost 100%.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224640 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Any one had the jab yet

talk about shifting the goalposts ......

To be fair no body including all of us keyboard warriors on here even know what game we are playing

So if the covid game rules are changing then the government must and should change to suit them

All I know is that it's gunna be a hell of mess when the smoke settles

We have Lang getting flustered about not been able to help out on the posty bike challenge and John shed is waiting approvel, Swishman expando folder having dramas with Vicroads
My old bucket of bolts still leaking oil and the list goes on and, sorry fellas Im not picking on you or anyone else you are the first to came to mind

And we are all running around like the sky is falling

I fear we haven't even seen the tinest tip of the iceberg yet and its gunna be a real big bun fight and really hard times the like none of us have ever seen are just around the corner

So getting back to the goal posts, I think we have bought a cricket bat to a footy match, and its Chinese football at that

Our problems really arent problems if we can take a step back and survey the whole picture

We ought not loose our heads at all at the moment, I sincerely hope Im wrong but the government is spending unprecedented amounts of money we dont even have to spend and the population is sooking about lock downs and wearing masks

I do hope Im wrong

Paul

And absolutely no none of names mentioned was I having a go at in any sort of a way, so please dont take offense as it wasnt meant that way at all

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Lang, Mairjimmy, 235mack, wee-allis, Zuffen, JOHN.K., oliver1950

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224642 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Any one had the jab yet

I heard today ..... "80% of eligible people"...... no definition..... I wonder if 80% of us old fats on here have been jabbed.... certainly my own cohort is almost 100%.
The number of eligible people actually increases as the age of people encouraged to keep the jab, down to 12 or 16 year olds now, evolves therefore the 80% of people was 56% of the population and now it is even lower.

It might be just me, but when I happen upon a NSW Covid update on the telly the phrase 'pissing into the wind' comes to mind. :)

Terry
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, JOHN.K.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224643 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Any one had the jab yet
The only one I know with "long covid" is GB, and its getting serious ......anyhow ,my next project is to get my big lathe and stuff from out of the container at Willawong......now got 10 weeks to go.....but a GB style lockdown would take up all that......Seemed like a very simple deadline ,until I fell out of the crane ......I reckon I got real old last 9 months.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
2 years 8 months ago #224645 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Any one had the jab yet
The Biggest Problem I can see with what's happened over the 20(odd) Months, Is.

A Chronic lack of Leadership at the federal Govt Level... !!!! Particularly with Quarantine.

If the Feds Pulled their Weight..! The various State premiers would have a far easier time...IMHO

Just My 2cents worth, & am NOT trying to start a Political Slanging match..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, asw120, JOHN.K.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224647 by JOHN.K.
As I said before ,the 24 week wait for me was ridiculous.......I booked the very first day over 70s were eligible ,and nearly six months later was fully vaccinated.........The govt showed no sense of urgency ,.......Like the flu vaccine ,the govt allowed a squabble between GPs and pharmacists to stall everything for months .....the whole disagreement was who should make the big money on offer.,not getting as many vaccinations as possible.....then the alleged side effects of the AZ were allowed to blow up into a huge media circus.,and frighten people .......these stuff ups have doubled the cost to the taxpayers of the covid.......I can only imagine whats been paid for the Polish PfizerVaccines ........probably 10 times what others have paid ,just to save Scottys arse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224657 by JOHN.K.
Having been fully vaccinated doesn not stop you from being infected by the virus,and passing on the virus if you become infected ,and testing positive .....surely this is going to complicate the whole way the testing etc is run as more people are vaccinated........taken to its limit,the whole country could be locked down permanently by positive tests,with no one actually sick,or at risk of becoming sick.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
2 years 8 months ago #224659 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Any one had the jab yet
I can't wait for this vaccine passport garbage to start when they try to block entry or participation without it, the high court challenges will be amusing but the burning buildings will be hilarious.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224669 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Any one had the jab yet

I can't wait for this vaccine passport garbage to start when they try to block entry or participation without it, the high court challenges will be amusing but the burning buildings will be hilarious.

I hope your only joking, I personally dont see any of this as amusing
If we need to get vaccinated then so be it, I cant believe just how sooky this country appears to of become

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, cobbadog, wee-allis

More
2 years 8 months ago #224670 by JOHN.K.
At the moment ,half of the country is locked down for the benefit of one in 10,000......the cost is enormous ,as will be seen by everyone as soon as the restrictions are lifted ,probably next year.

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds