Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Any one had the jab yet 23 Aug 2021 11:21 #224733

• oliver1950
  • Thank you received: 369
I had my first AZ at 10.25 this morning. Third time lucky as 2 previous appointments had to be cancelled due to illness
You can't have too many toys!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Any one had the jab yet 23 Aug 2021 11:44 #224734

• Lang
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4309
People get the government they deserve.

Any politician who did the right thing against public opinion would be out on his bum. Despite all our gum gnashing and hand wringing politicians do what they are elected to do "Represent the People's Wishes in Parliament". They are not there to tell the people what they must have, that is dictatorship they are there to do what the people want.

If they think it is in the public interest to do what the people don't want, unless they are martyrs and throw themselves on their sword, they must convince the public to want the new course of action. Generally they do this in such a partisan manner or so poorly they struggle to get the majority of voters over the line. Of course the opposing politicians choose the popular argument regardless of its merits merely to undo the proposed legislation and secure their voting base.

We live in a democracy where anyone in office hangs on a thread subject to the whims of the people. Political suicide is not the reason they are in office.

The failure is not in them doing the right thing but convincing us that it is the right thing. When in 20 years time we say "It was a good thing that Harry forced through that unpopular legislation. I am sorry I supported the baying mob in the square to watch his execution" it is too late. We have lost a good politician to the self-serving, ever present instant gratification of the herd.

You don't have to dig very deep to find the self-interest in almost every comment, opinion or statement anybody makes on Covid or any other subject that the politicians are trying to juggle between common sense, skilled leadership and the shallow stupidity of the general public.

Why are the queues not extending 6 blocks at every immunisation centre with people fighting for the jab? Not lack of serum but lack of political savvy to create a rush for protection.

Lang

Last edit: by Lang.

Any one had the jab yet 23 Aug 2021 20:40 #224752

• Zuffen
  • Thank you received: 371
In NSW fear appears to be doing a better job than the Pollies.

I live in the LGA with the highest vaccination rates in Australia but we have had almost no contact with Cv19 since it all started.

I'm pretty sure my fellow neighbours aren't all that smart, but they are scared.

Any one had the jab yet 23 Aug 2021 20:51 #224753

• jon_d
  • Thank you received: 121
You'll know when people are scared; that's when the anti-vaxers ask to get the jab. In the US, it seems to be just before intubation
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

Any one had the jab yet 24 Aug 2021 10:26 #224771

• 600Dodge
  • Thank you received: 135
The fact people even use terms like "anti vaxer" and "anti masker" shows how far the media scare campaign goes, I'd say there are far more people "anti" government mandate than anti anything else. I have to go to the hospital twice a day as an outpatient at the moment and the line ups of otherwise healthy people getting tested and injected tails back for miles, this for a "virus" that no scientist yet has been able to isolate and that has had a miniscule effect in relation to what most years common flu does, if you don't watch tv or listen to radio(and choose to ignore the sheep in their masks) you would never know there was anything going on.

Any one had the jab yet 24 Aug 2021 10:52 #224772

• wee-allis
  • Thank you received: 648
The line up of ambulances waiting to get sick people into hospital might give a bit of a clue.

Any one had the jab yet 24 Aug 2021 11:12 #224773

• Swanny
  • Thank you received: 116
The line up of Ambulances is a common occurrence at hospitals virus or not , my son is a paramedic & he tells me hospitals have not got enough staff .WHO'S fault is that ...(BLOODY GOVERNMENT) had my rant

Any one had the jab yet 24 Aug 2021 16:53 #224778

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 1433
I reckon everyone is missing the point

Back many many years ago we didn't blab our business to everyone because it wasnt anyones business but ours

And we never asked anyone their business because it wasnt our business to ask about

So if we just step back in time a bit no one would know who has been vaccinated and who hasn't been because we just wouldn't blab to everyone or ask people personal questions

All pretty simple to me

Step back a 30 years and all will be okay

Just saying, some of the people today just wanna be right and not happy

I would have no idea who is a antivaxer or a provaxer until they open the mouth or keyboard and start making stupid opinions that are to try to change mine and everyone elses opinion

Maybe this thread has gone on to long already ?

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan

Any one had the jab yet 24 Aug 2021 17:27 #224781

• prodrive
  • Thank you received: 304
Thats a funny thing eh Pauly?
Personally I haven't said a thing, as I don't want to start a keyboard warrior fight. And I do think that one of the great things about this forum is the respect that differing views usually bring.
I think it's a pity that this obviously serious subject (we are in lockdown here in Geelong) results in people taking "sides" and as it goes on, they get further and futher into their corners.
IMHO, thats what I reckon is wrong- they make "rules" and "laws" which harden peoples views into "anti this" or "pro that". And then the finger pointers come out and they blame "those people" for not following the rules, which ends up dividing people even more.
A shame that Australia seems to often head that way I reckon. And you are right, opinions are like ***holes, we all have them- but often the best thing we can say is- nothing. My mum always said "better to say nothing and be thought ignorant, than to open your mouth and prove it"- so thats why I try not to say much!!!!
Anyway best wishes to all, vaxxed, un- vaxxed, educated, dumb. smart, circumcised, hairy, bald, whatever,
Cheers
Rich

Any one had the jab yet 24 Aug 2021 17:44 #224783

• Lang
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4309
Paul

You may not remember but 30 or more years ago everyone had to have an International Vaccination Certificate to enter most countries. Australia was very strict on this. There were a number of vaccinations compulsory like smallpox and yellow fever. Many countries also required cholera. If there was a serious outbreak of something like plague or typhoid in a country you had been to no jab no entry.

I remember coming back from USA in 1970 and stopping in Fiji. Bev's certificate had been stamped for smallpox but the doctor had not signed it so she was forced to have a smallpox vaccination at the airport.

Largely through international efforts like the Certificate we have eliminated two of the most terrible diseases known to man - smallpox and polio by mass vaccination. Not to mention the millions saved from Whooping Cough, Tetanus, Diphtheria etc.

You can not combat something like Covid without knowing who is pissing in the rum.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558