Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Any one had the jab yet 24 Aug 2021 19:23 #224787

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 1433

Paul

You may not remember but 30 or more years ago everyone had to have an International Vaccination Certificate to enter most countries. Australia was very strict on this. There were a number of vaccinations compulsory like smallpox and yellow fever. Many countries also required cholera. If there was a serious outbreak of something like plague or typhoid in a country you had been to no jab no entry.

I remember coming back from USA in 1970 and stopping in Fiji. Bev's certificate had been stamped for smallpox but the doctor had not signed it so she was forced to have a smallpox vaccination at the airport.

Largely through international efforts like the Certificate we have eliminated two of the most terrible diseases known to man - smallpox and polio by mass vaccination. Not to mention the millions saved from Whooping Cough, Tetanus, Diphtheria etc.

You can not combat something like Covid without knowing who is pissing in the rum.

Lang

Lang I obviously didn't do a good enough job of my post

My point wasnt about pointing fingers and the blame game, but more about not taking sides and everyone just getting along as best we can

As Rich said we all have an opinion, the trick is not to think mine yours or ours is the only one thats correct

I see more and more of this going on today and people crying foul over it

The way I look at it, if we didn't run our mouths about what we thinks right a lot of the heart ache could be avoided

I'm probably wrong and dont know my bum hole from my breakfast but ............. ????

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Any one had the jab yet 24 Aug 2021 19:31 #224788

• wee-allis
  • Thank you received: 648
I'm not coming to your place for an overnight Paul. Don't know what I'd get for breakfast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang

Any one had the jab yet 24 Aug 2021 19:50 #224790

• Lang
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4309
No problem Paul.

I figure that anybody can have their opinion this is after all a forum (A place for discussion) and only exists for human intercourse on subjects of interest to old farts of a trucking bent.

So long as it does not turn into abuse or sarcastic comments people are not trying to change anybody's mind by coercion but by presenting their side of an argument. If people get defensive about an opposing point of view presented calmly I suspect they might be on shaky ground themselves.

The covid thing is a bit emotional but if you look back through the forum there are thousands of opposing arguments. Quite apart from the Swishy/Rex Volvo-Kenworth comedy there are thousands of "The ACCO was the best truck we ever operated" immediately countered by "Those bloody ACCO's did nothing but cost us money. Biggest piece of crap ever". Or "I always wash it with petrol as it works great" followed by "Never put petrol on these as it will destroy the left-hand plastic widget".

I think the forum is the most civilised automotive-related one I have seen and our moderators have about the easiest policing job of any moderators anywhere.

No need to shut down any thread unless it gets objectionable. If it is creating a huge discussion but wandering far from the original title, it has obviously caught the interest of the members and maybe the moderators could just slide it into the General Discussion section. A personal tussle between two individuals that goes on and on could justify a "Smarten up your footwork" comment from the moderators but how often do we see that?

Just my opinion, I am not trying to change anybody's mind.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, V8Ian

Any one had the jab yet 25 Aug 2021 08:39 #224812

• geoffb
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 59
Speaking of going back I remember in primary school when there was injections the same needle was used several times
How would that go now :ohmy:

Any one had the jab yet 25 Aug 2021 11:15 #224816

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 1433
Mum mentioned the other day in the 60s wheb the government decided to wipe out TB that everyone had a chest exray regardless of what your thoughts or beliefs were
Pregnant woman were the only ones exempted

Dunno how people would handle that today

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Any one had the jab yet 25 Aug 2021 14:46 #224818

• hayseed
  • Thank you received: 772

Speaking of going back I remember in primary school when there was injections the same needle was used several times

Yep Browny been there done That... needle would get changed every 5-6 Kids, Syringe change after 10-12 Kids..
"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Any one had the jab yet 25 Aug 2021 16:16 #224820

• Lang
  • Away
And I didn't die did you? I somehow survived drinking water out of the garden hose as well.

Any one had the jab yet 25 Aug 2021 16:16 #224821

• Gryphon
  • Thank you received: 433

And everyday we used to drink a little bottle of Milk that had been out in the sun for about four hours and the cream on the top had gone yellow. Between sharing needles and eating milk we probably built up a much stronger immunity too. :)

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

Any one had the jab yet 25 Aug 2021 16:56 #224824

• hayseed
  • Thank you received: 772

And everyday we used to drink a little bottle of Milk that had been out in the sun for about four hours and the cream on the top had gone yellow
Terry

Our Free Milk came in a Plastic bag...
"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Any one had the jab yet 25 Aug 2021 17:41 #224827

• Lang
  • Away
I started school with these round top ones with a cardboard seal. I think they used the same bottles for cream.

We then graduated to the fancy foil top bottles.

All compulsory. The only kids not forced to drink their milk were those who had allergies and threw up. At one school those lucky bastards got little bottles of orange juice (I thought of sticking my finger down my throat to qualify but never plucked up the courage).

One Little Lord Fauntleroy had a mum who sent him to school with a camera film container of instant Quik chocolate powder. He actually preferred plain milk so the little prick extorted your biscuits or whatever treat your mum had put in your lunchbox in exchange for the chocolate.

Lang
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, V8Ian

Last edit: by Lang.
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558