Skip to main content

Any one had the jab yet

More
2 years 7 months ago #224828 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Any one had the jab yet
Free milk introduced as a public health measure to fatten up our undernourished kids abolished by Whitlam in 1973, I didn't mind it, most of the time it was delivered fresh, delayed effect, the fattening is just kicking in now.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224831 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Any one had the jab yet
When I was in Primary School you could buy drinking straws with a bit of blotting paper in them that was impregnated with flavouring.

60 years later I still won't drink straight milk and I don't have breakfast cereal as it would need plain milk on it.

Call me soft, but I'm not changing after all this time.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224833 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Any one had the jab yet

When I was in Primary School you could buy drinking straws with a bit of blotting paper in them that was impregnated with flavouring.

60 years later I still won't drink straight milk and I don't have breakfast cereal as it would need plain milk on it.

Call me soft, but I'm not changing after all this time.
Zuffen, have you tried Co Co Pops with iced coffee? Pretty damned good mocha breakfast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Zuffen

More
2 years 7 months ago #224845 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Any one had the jab yet
I think it was when I was in my last year at primary school when our school milk was delivered in little bottles with a cardboard top. They modernised to an aluminium top and I remember in summer the top being held up about an inch or more (I think) above the top of the bottle on the solidified cream or whatever it was.

One day the head teacher came in to our classroom and said there was milk available. He asked who would like a glass of milk? Several hands went up, I thought about putting mine up. He than corrected himself to say A BOTTLE OF MILK. All the hands went down.
Yuk.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 7 months ago #224864 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Any one had the jab yet
Greetings. Had my second A-Z jab a week ago now and no fault codes as yet. I'm gonna take my International Vaccination booklet around to the clinic to get it stamped up along with all the other vaccinations I've has so that I could travel. I used to get pax on safari that were either too tight to get vaccinated for yellow Fever etc, or they didn't read the pre-departure information or they were anti-vaxxers and Africans don't much about- no jab no entry so I had some blank booklets which I 'borrowed from the Travel Doctor and at the same time I took a copy of all their vaccine stamps so I could get them replicated and I used these blank booklets to get them through borders- used to fill them out in black pencil so after the trip I could reuse the booklet in the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH

More
2 years 7 months ago #224877 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic Any one had the jab yet
After having my first AZ vaccine Monday I felt normal after an initial hot flush and then some dizziness.
Tuesday morning 2.10 a.m. woke up to pain in every joint,shivering, extremely dry mouth,Itch at the base of both thumbs extending to the wrists, temperature 3.1 degrees above normal. I got up put on track suit over pyjamas and a winter dressing gown on top ,stoked up the fire,managed to control the shivering.I sipped a glass of water to ease the dryness.I sat in a lounge chair dozing on and off till 9 a.m. when I began to feel better, didn't go outside till after 3 p.m, felt better by evening.Itch is getting worse.
Wednesday 2 a.m. woke up feeling cold,turned up the electric blanket but made no difference.Then realized I was cold because I was saturated from night sweats.Got up got changed and stayed up.Itch no better
Thursday morning 4.30 a.m. woken by severe itching at base of thumb / wrist ,obviously I have been scratching in my sleep as I am bleeding in several places. I have been unwell for the previous few weeks so can't blame the itching on an allergic reaction to anything I have been in contact with.Hopefully this will be the end of the allergic reactions if I can get this itching to stop.

You can't have too many toys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 7 months ago #224902 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Any one had the jab yet
Hope it clears up soon for you Oliver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oliver1950

More
2 years 7 months ago #224938 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Any one had the jab yet
Yes get well soon mate. Doesn't sound like much fun. Did you get the AZ or Phizer?
Might be worth while letting the GP know as well before next jab.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224946 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Any one had the jab yet
Gloves Oliver, start wearing gloves to bed, better than tearing your skin up in your sleep

My brother had the Pfizer a week ago been in bed ever since, ended up in the local hospital

Turns out like me he is allergic to Panadole, anyway he stopped taking Panadole yesterday was feeling much better

Most doctors say that it's impossible to be allergic to Panadole, Im not gunna argue with them any more, I do know if I take Panadole my eyes swell up until they are nearly shut, I can hardly breath, this passes in a few hours but the eyes take days to finally return to normal

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 7 months ago #224948 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic Any one had the jab yet
Thanks for the well wishes,the severe itching has almost gone.
Cobba, it was the AZ.
Paul, I have a reaction to Ibuprofen. Just one tablet will put me to sleep then when I wake up my left eyelid won't open for about 10 minutes, no swelling but if I force it open it hurts

You can't have too many toys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.624 seconds