Skip to main content

Any one had the jab yet

More
2 years 7 months ago #225589 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Any one had the jab yet
Dont know if I have this right or not, but I'm sure I heard within the past day or two that the life expectancy of the 2 vaccinations has been given at 6 months?
If so, I and a lot of others are just about due for a booster and they are lagging way behind with the primary jabs!
Dave_64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225591 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Any one had the jab yet
Hi,

it is not a life expectancy but the efficacy or effectiveness of the vaccine, does wane over time and hence why you are hearing about booster shots. So you are still protected but statistically by not as much, dropping from around 90% to 65% in one lot of figures I saw.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
2 years 7 months ago #225595 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Any one had the jab yet
My doctor, just seen him again today. I don't watch tv or listen to radio so the scaremongering from those sources mean nothing to me. If the reports were true the AHPRA wouldn't have to gag all medical professionals from speaking out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #225601 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Any one had the jab yet
We have been blessed around here as far as Covid. We hadn't had a case in the area for over 12 months and then they were only visiting and didn't spread it about. Yes we have been in lockdown, along with the rest of the regions, but coping well all the same. Until last weekend.

Someone, who shall remain nameless for reasons unknown was released early from Parklea Prison in Sydney, due to a Covid outbreak, returned to Batemens Bay, positive. When the authorities found him, he refused to co-operate by isolating or revealing his movements to allow for contact tracing and notification of hot spots.

The tracers are having to go to all shops and venues in the area to search through any CCTV they have, to try and identify where this mongrel has been. Hence it has been 4 days so far to declare just 3 sites as hot.

I guess I just worked out why his identity is being kept quiet.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by wee-allis.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225608 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Any one had the jab yet
Parklea is a private operation and the first contractor got the sack, seems like the current mob are also running a shambles
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
2 years 7 months ago #225620 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Any one had the jab yet
Maybe he should be returned to Parklea Prison for not supplying the details plus add some extra timeto the sentence for good measure.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225643 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Any one had the jab yet
I notice in a couple of US states ,third booster at 8 months is now required to be certified as vaccinated .....according to telly,(where else) the effect of both varieties of vax is down to half by 6 months ,the Pfizer starts off better,but both fall to the same level over time.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225647 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Any one had the jab yet
I'd rather be 50% protected than not protected at all, and according to a story I heard on the radio the other day, the latest research is showing that AZ vaccine is holding better than Pfizer and the think that is because of the greater length of time between jabs, and that is leading them to think that a booster at 6 or 9 months will increase the long term effectiveness of both vaccines.

Dennis

More
2 years 7 months ago #225651 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Any one had the jab yet
I got a nasty surprise over the weekend ............so dizzy I couldnt get out of bed ,after waking with a high fever the night before .............I quite literally could not even sit up ,I had so much "vertigo"...........now I used to drink a bit,and am used to a certian level of things going round.........but nothing like this.......Anyhoo,after two days was OK again ,and its a virus going around ,I was told.......appears I contacted it at the yard from the wreckers,as on Tuesday half his guys were missing sick..........And ,yes...I was NOT wearing a mask..............But ,could just as well have got covid ,and be dead now..........make ya think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 7 months ago #225653 by Inter-Action
Where abouts are you located John? The reason i ask is that a couple of elderly friends recently had the same experience.
They could not get out of bed for fear of falling. Two days and all symptoms gone. No covid or flu on Eyre peninsular.
Makes you wonder is there another bug getting around?

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds