Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Any one had the jab yet 13 Sep 2021 12:44 #225760

• Zuffen
  • Thank you received: 356
My two sons (26 & 29) both had an AZ shot on Saturday.

One is needlephobic but took it like a man. The other is fairly tough but ended up in bed all of Sunday feeling crook.

We're not worried about him (even though he does carry some excess weight) but will keep an eye on him.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Any one had the jab yet 13 Sep 2021 15:26 #225765

• bparo
  • Thank you received: 272

Simple. In QLD, if there are more than a handful of cases, the gov't announces a snap, hard lockdown. Practically everyone obeys said lockdown and it does not spread.
In NSW, they are more concerned about money (given the conservative sate gov't.) They don't lock down until it's already got away. I suspect it ends up costing them / business more in the long run.
I forget what they did in VIC, this time, someone will have to remind me.
Also VIC and NSW are more densely populated, this will work against them.
Early and hard is working for us up in QLD.
The figures I hear on the news are believable to me, especially when you see the same figures, whether it's the ABC, or Murdock (just a different opinion on whether the state gov't is doing a good job)

Jarrod.

Dan tends to lockdown quickly statewide while they work out where it's got to then slowly reopen. We are in our 6th lockdown. Lockdown 5 came out of NSW on a removalists truck then everything started to open when 6 was caused by 5 separate transmission incidents in a couple of days each of which could be traced back to Sydney. In regional areas we got unlocked during lockdown 6, then locked down again due to an outbreak in Shepparton and had some restrictions eased again last week. We are not locked down in the sense that we can leave our home at any time and retail is open but we can't go visit someone at their home etc so still under strict restrictions.
Those of us on the border need to worry about NSW restrictions and a border that both states that have movement restrictions over too.
Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

Last edit: by bparo.

Any one had the jab yet 17 Sep 2021 17:20 #225822

• Morris
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 572
Dinosaurs did not have vaccines and we all know what happened to them!
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mairjimmy

Any one had the jab yet 17 Sep 2021 18:10 #225825

• oliver1950

Dinosaurs did not have vaccines and we all know what happened to them!

No vaccines for stray asteroids
You can't have too many toys!

Last edit: by oliver1950.

Any one had the jab yet 18 Sep 2021 18:37 #225841

• Morris
  • Away
I just meant that the Dinosaurs all died out.

Oliver1950 If you believe that dinosaurs were killed off by asteroids or global clouds caused by asteroids hitting the Earth, how many asteroids hit the earth and where did they land? How long did the asteroid shower last? How long was the earth in cloud and how long did it take for the sun to shine though again?

Why was it so?
Enquiring minds need to know.
I'm gritting my teeth,

Any one had the jab yet 18 Sep 2021 19:46 #225842

• oliver1950
Morris,look up the K T boundary event.I got the terminology wrong, I meant meteorite,
You can't have too many toys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

Any one had the jab yet 18 Sep 2021 19:58 #225843

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 752
Guy who owns nextdoor came round yesterday,tells me about all the service stations and shopping centres he s bought with low interest......then asks to borrow my battery charger!.....I know hes a red hot liberal,so I say how good Pal O'Shay is doing,and how shes a cert to break Jelkys record of 20 years as premier.....so that gets rid of him,....five minutes later a guy who wants to store his Studebaker in my new shed turns up.....of all the people I can do without .....then hes going on about how hes bought a $20 tarp to cover his truck,but its got condensation under it every morning......then he launches into how hes got cancer ,and all the cures hes trying........I can really do without all this,for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, overlander

Any one had the jab yet 18 Sep 2021 19:59 #225844

• Gryphon
  • Thank you received: 416
Morris,

going OT here, but about three days ago there was a news report, on the ABC I think, that mentioned they believe they have found the location of impact site that wiped out the Dinosaurs.

A bit of searching and you might find other reports.

Terry

Any one had the jab yet 18 Sep 2021 20:07 #225845

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 752
Oh ,yeah,comet ,meteor ,asteroid....all the same thing really...........I got pulled up by a 12 year old knowall when I said about all the happy dinosaurs that put billions in the bank for us here in Qld 300 million years ago..(coal)....anyhoo,he says there wernt no dinosaurs 300 million years ago,so my question is "who put the billions in the bank for us?".....suppose the main thing is its there,or we might be all third world peasants!

Any one had the jab yet 19 Sep 2021 09:05 #225854

• Morris
  • Away
Gryphon and Oliver1950thanks but I am not really interested. However, I did tell my Children that when I was a kid, life was much easier. All I had to worry about was keeping out of the way of dinosaurs whilst going to and from school.
John.K you need better neighbours. There is a two-bedroom apartment next door to me for sale at the moment!
I'm gritting my teeth,

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558