Skip to main content

Any one had the jab yet

More
2 years 4 months ago #228625 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Any one had the jab yet
Well, here I am on Thursday after my positive covid test last Sunday. I am amazed by the number of telephone calls and emails I have received from the Health Department and "Telehealth." I have had several phone calls and gone on a video conference with a very helpful health professional from "Hospital In The Home" (HITH), who dropped off some literature and a pulse/heartbeat/oxygen-in-the-blood do-hicky to go on my finger, on his way to work this morning. He has arranged to do a teleconference at 10am each day for the next week or two.
All these health professionals seem to think that just because I am only 77 years of age and only have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholsterol, sleep apnoea and overweight, that Covid19 could be serious for me. I appear to better getting better each day, although statistics appear to show that day 7 to day 11 are likely to be worse. My Wife appears to be getting the symptoms of it as well and she is pissed off that while I can go out of home quarantine after ten days, she, whose covid test at the same time as mine was negative has to isolate with me for my ten days, have another test on the sixth day and if that comes back positive she will have to isolate for a further ten days. We are very lucky to have been helped by several of my Wife's friends, who have done shopping for us, as well as dropping off gifts and cards. The local pharmacy delivered our medications and was most apologetic for having to charge a $5 delivery fee. It probably costs us $5 per month to go and get them ourselves, anyway.
Thank goodness we are both double-vaccinated, or it definitely would be much worse.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228630 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Any one had the jab yet
Second jab a couple months back. Absolutely no reaction whatsoever ... in fact I had to double check that there had been a needle in my arm ... yeah, there it was.

Surprising the number of people, actually ... surprising what people are actually refusing to get jabbed ??
Point I make to these fools is this; Whilst they are poncing around, being all offended about the whole deal, I'm waiting on three bouts of "elective" surgery. I need a knee replacement, and a second aneurysm bypass, and then maybe a leg lopped off. BUT ... there are 200 plus beds in hospitals ... mostly vacant atm, set aside for calicivirus patients. So ... no bed for me! And I am not alone ... there are thousands of people waiting on surgery, many, myself included, were actually scheduled in, until the pandemic arrived and sent us back to wait in line. I'll likely be in a wheelchair by this time next year ... but we mustn't offend anyone now ...

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
2 years 4 months ago #228632 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Any one had the jab yet
Just in from a mate.

I'm fully vaccinated and no, I don't know what's in it - neither this vaccine or the ones I had as a child....nor in a Big Mac, or in hot dogs, or in other treatments; whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, or vaccines for infants or children.

I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, or other meds, it just cures my headaches & my pains.

I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos or alcohol mixers, the water from the tap even, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants.

I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.

In short....
There's a lot of things I don't know and never will.
I just know one thing: Life is short, very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked in my home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear and find a little feeling of life "before".

As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, rubella, polio, chicken pox, whooping cough and quite a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of said diseases.

I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
* To not die from Covid-19
* To not clutter a hospital bed if I get sick
* To hug my loved ones
* To not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go out dancing, go to a restaurant, go on holidays and many more things to come....
* To live my life
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory
* To protect us
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, Dave_64, Eddy, Morris, 235mack, PaulFH, husky, V8Ian, VicHung, wee-allis

More
2 years 4 months ago #228639 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Any one had the jab yet

Second jab a couple months back. Absolutely no reaction whatsoever ... in fact I had to double check that there had been a needle in my arm ... yeah, there it was.

Surprising the number of people, actually ... surprising what people are actually refusing to get jabbed ??
Point I make to these fools is this; Whilst they are poncing around, being all offended about the whole deal, I'm waiting on three bouts of "elective" surgery. I need a knee replacement, and a second aneurysm bypass, and then maybe a leg lopped off. BUT ... there are 200 plus beds in hospitals ... mostly vacant atm, set aside for calicivirus patients. So ... no bed for me! And I am not alone ... there are thousands of people waiting on surgery, many, myself included, were actually scheduled in, until the pandemic arrived and sent us back to wait in line. I'll likely be in a wheelchair by this time next year ... but we mustn't offend anyone now ...

Sorry to hear (read) of Your Troubles Eddy.......... Getting Old's a Barstard....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 4 months ago #228651 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Any one had the jab yet
I say put him in. If he wants to be an anti-vaxer, be one don't pretend that you are not! Typical of several that I know, refuse to get the shot, but still want all the privleges that the intelligent people have.

If you don't want to dob him in, give me his details and I will, gladly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, Morris, Tacho, V8Ian

More
2 years 4 months ago #228850 by Morris
Hooray, I have just had an email from the Victorian Department of Health saying that I am now free to leave home detention and return to doing what I used to do.

As soon as I regain the energy, I will catch up on lawnmowing and garden weeding that have got a bit out of control in the past couple of weeks.

As Lang said just after the start of this topic, the Vaccination does not seal you in a vacuum bag to prevent infection but it minimises the severity of the infection. I am sure that if my Wife and I had not been double vaccinated, our covid would be much worse and we could well be in Hospital, and maybe even on ventilators to keep us alive.

Even if we do not care about anyone else, we owe it to OURSELVES to get vaccinated, to help keep OURSELF alive.

I'm gritting my teeth,

The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, Inter-Action, overlander, PaulFH, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #228854 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Any one had the jab yet
Thanks Swishy for starting this thread, and thanks to all of the contributors for sharing their experiences.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Southbound.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH

More
2 years 4 months ago #229053 by Morris
Thinking pre-metric,

It is better to be six feet apart than six feet under.

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
2 years 4 months ago #229115 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Any one had the jab yet
Ivermection does actually kill the virus and I watched the Press Conference where the Victorian Chief Health Officer said he wished it could be used as it was cheap and plentiful however the dosage needed to kill the virus was greater than the dosage that is fatal to people! Apparently Monash University did the research. I found the research online and while it did kill Covid-19 in the test tube the dosage rate was identified as being above that fatal to people.
I am not sure I would use a cure that was more fatal than disease it was trying to fix.
Despite this finding they are still trying to work out ways Ivermectin could be used, maybe in conjunction with other drugs, to find a combination that isn't fatal to humans. One of the issues they are having is there are not enough people who contracted covid in Australia to do a clinical trial that would be recognised!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wee-allis

More
2 years 4 months ago #229143 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Any one had the jab yet
Lang, I took Chloroquine and Paludrine for years and they taste S#*%. Couldn't take them in the end- used to start dry retching just thinking about taking them. But they kept me alive.

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds