Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Any one had the jab yet 12 Feb 2022 12:15 #231937

• wee-allis
  • Thank you received: 1002
I'd say you nailed it!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: werkhorse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Any one had the jab yet 12 Feb 2022 12:47 #231940

• 600Dodge
  • Thank you received: 255
You might have to werk, the clownshow government are already gearing up for the fourth jab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: werkhorse

Any one had the jab yet 12 Feb 2022 18:46 #231948

• Swishy
  • Swishy's Avatar Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
  • Thank you received: 2610
OK
The Swishy haz now joined the 3 jab club

Arm aint fallen off yet

LOL

cya
OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander

Any one had the jab yet 13 Feb 2022 13:08 #231988

• PDU
  • Thank you received: 1077
Still waiting for number three, but recently had a whooping cough injection (imminent grand son due) and was pleased to learn this covers tetanus too.

Hey werkhorse, have you ever had whooping cough?

Any one had the jab yet 13 Feb 2022 18:19 #231999

• werkhorse
  • TNT Historian
  • Thank you received: 721

Still waiting for number three, but recently had a whooping cough injection (imminent grand son due) and was pleased to learn this covers tetanus too.

Hey werkhorse, have you ever had whooping cough?

Not that I'm aware of ... But I've always been up to date with all those type vaccines.

When I was swinging spanners I have a run of incidents/accidents in the span of a few years ... Mostly involving rusty steel of one sort or another ... Doc would ask when my last tetanus shot had been ...stuffed if I could remember under the circumstances (pain etc.) ... So they'd jab me another one ...think I had 4-5 tetanus shots in about 3 years ... Still kicking onso it couldn't have been that bad for me to have extra :woohoo: :whistle: :evil:
You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH, PDU

Any one had the jab yet 15 Feb 2022 11:04 #232052

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 956
Well, I did have my third jab last Wednesday. Nurse said do not do anything strenuous today, so I hooked up trailer full of unwanted Morris Commercial parts and drove for six hours. Had planned to stay in a little town on the way but all accommodation was booked out by road gangs. Three Motels did not have ANY No Vacancy sign and a fourth had one near reception but not visible from the street. so drove to next town where we had no trouble. Were able to get evening meal arriving ten minutes before restaurant closed. No reactions to Phizer shot but something that has never happened to me before did occur.
Back at Motel after meal, I could not finish my glass of wine.:blush: My Wife had to finish it. Thank goodness it was white wine, as she will not drink red. I cannot blame it on the jab, maybe it was because of the sips of water I had been having all day, or the glass of lemon squash with lunch, or the lemon squash with the evening meal? Whatever the cause, it has gone away now.:evil:
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Any one had the jab yet 15 Feb 2022 11:35 #232058

• Dave_64
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 748
Maybe I've become an old, cynical curmudgeon, but I'm finding this whole jab/ testing deal a bit hard to follow!

Booked into hospital next week for back surgery, providing I still get to go due to elective surgery, have had both shots, plus the booster, told have to have test no more tha 72 hrs before admission.
Explained that I had done a couple of RAT testts at home, still have one kit here unused.
Told by admissions that the RAT would NOT be acceptable due to the high incidence of failure rate, quoted 60-80% being OK, their figures,not mine!
Been such a hoo-hah about us
all trying to keep ourselves safe, you'd have to question the motives behind the push for RTA,if they are not going to be accepted. OK, they do tell you they are an indicator only and I can accept the hospitals wishes to take all available precautions.

But, you would be surprised the amount of people I have encountered who in some cases have had only the initial jab, maybe the follow up and then opted for the RAT saying,
"Oh no, it's OK , I'm clear, go out and mix freely and openly with the rest of the population.

Reckon there's some dangerous mis-information floating around out there, I'm no conspiracy theorist by any means, nor a panic merchant, but this is undoubtably the most severe pandemic since the great flu outbreak at the end of WW1!
Polio, Thalidiomide inclusive !

And you can't say that we haven't been made aware, the past two years or so, on the news and in the papers, even sent to your mobile phone.

Just maybe a bit of "saturation" has crept in?
How many of your friends/aquaintances have you heard say lately," covid? i'm over it! Dont even want to discuss it!"

Dave_64

Any one had the jab yet 15 Feb 2022 12:12 #232059

• bparo
  • Thank you received: 332
heard that many times Dave_64. Also I have noticed the longer it goes the more people are turning away from it. I know several people who were initially fine with everything and pro people getting vaccinated who started to change when they made different rules for the vaxinated and unvaxinated then, in the months since have turned into the most ranting anti-vaxers ever.

I have seen people work in volunteer roles for over 15 years as they worked their way up to be allowed to drive a steam train effectively throw it all away. They were back volunteer driving again when the organisation was required by law to start checking the vaccination of everyone whether running or maintaining the train and tracks or just going for a ride. I hadn't seen this person for a while and asked how he was enjoying being back driving. That started a 45 minute rant about discrimination, vaccine testing, number falsification etc where I couldn't get a word in.

The sad thing is this isn't impacting the people who made the decision the volunteer railway had to comply with. The railway suffers in the short term with one less driver (although they are not short of them at the moment) and the longer he stays away the more retraining needs to be done. This is a Rail Safety Accreditation issue not the choice of the volunteer railway concerned. The result could stop this individual for driving or firing for years. All for something the organisation had no say over.
Most of the volunteer railways ran the occasional "test train" during the lock downs using the same one or 2 crews. This kept those crews qualifications current and they could accompany the other crews for a run or 2 for "refamiliariasation training" Each crew that passed the training was automatically available to do the same thing for other crews. If they hadn't run the "test trains" they would have had to treat it as a new railway line.
Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Any one had the jab yet 22 Mar 2022 10:41 #233322

• Lang
  • Thank you received: 6947
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Inter- Action, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, V8Ian

Any one had the jab yet 05 Jun 2022 12:14 #235726

• overlander
  • Thank you received: 996
She who must be obeyed reckons a bloke of my age should have a 4th jab as a top up so I did. That was a week ago and I can still feed myself. All good. Got my flu jab tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558