Skip to main content

Any one had the jab yet

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #222089 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Any one had the jab yet
My covid Jab is booked for 10th June. I had my flu jab early May and when I saw my GP just under 2 weeks ago (The day before we left for Broken Hill) he told me to have it when I got back rather than risk symptoms while I was away.
I was nearly going to make a booking at the local hospital but there was only 24 hours between the availability of the 2. Most of the jabs are being kept for Melbourne, Sydney and the bigger population centres so our clinics are restricted to around 10 a day each (or 30 a day total). At that rate it's going to take a while to get through the 30,000 people in the Echuca/ Moama catchment.

We were not one of the 'flee due to lockdown' brigade. We left home on 21st May (the day before the Cohuna Football match) and entered NSW on 23rd May on a holiday we booked in March. Without us asking the caravan park we stayed at in Broken Hill were hoping they got a cancellation for a cabin before we left to come home on Sunday so they could offer to lengthen our stay as they didn't want us going home to Victoria due to Covid lockdowns and they thought we might be vulnerable. We only found out as we checked out and they apologised for not being able to provide accomodation, nor find any other appropriate accomodation in town as this time of year is their peak season. It was nice to think that they cared

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by bparo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222091 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Any one had the jab yet
Rang my doctor to be told they run a weekend clinic and are up to 70 yr olds - don't ring us, we'll ring you.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222094 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Any one had the jab yet
Booked in for Friday.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 10 months ago #222096 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Any one had the jab yet
Must say it sure didnt take long for the Indian virus to escape from Scotty s folly ...one flight?...Maybe panic stations for vaccination in Melbourne,up here the locals are still saying....maybe well wait a bit longer to see what happens...........Im not worried ,now Im 76% immune ...all I gotta do now is generate enough interest to go back over to Willawong and cut up the Kaiser chassis

More
2 years 10 months ago #222099 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Any one had the jab yet
Heard today that the W.H.O. (world health organisation) wantg to or have now stopped giving the different covid strains names from countries, they are now using the Greek alphabet. This is to stop the stigma of giving certain countries a bad name and so they dont feel bad about it all.
Who on earth pays this brain dead, useless mob WHO to exist?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222102 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Any one had the jab yet
Cobbadog,That is the same W.H.O that spent the first twelve months denying that there was a pandemic.
As the younger generation says "Go figure" which I think is an Americanism for "You try to make sense of it."

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 10 months ago #222103 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Any one had the jab yet
Interesting fuss in the media......why are 100% of aged care workers not vaccinated?......well,maybe the dont want it,and last I heard ,we dont have a dictatorship yet.......give the media a chance ,and we will have one........And why arent 100% of residents?......I saw on telly one home around 20% of residents didnt want to be vaccinated.......are the media going to force them?......This is the most disgraceful media beatup I have ever seen,and thats saying something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oliver1950

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #222104 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic Any one had the jab yet

Heard today that the W.H.O. (world health organisation) wantg to or have now stopped giving the different covid strains names from countries, they are now using the Greek alphabet. This is to stop the stigma of giving certain countries a bad name and so they dont feel bad about it all.
Who on earth pays this brain dead, useless mob WHO to exist?

WHO’s first NON-doctor Director-General ‘following intense lobbying from Beijing’
Tedros Ghebreyesus is Director-General of the WHO and leading global response to coronavirus pandemic
He studied in the UK before serving at the top of Ethiopia’s government and was part of hard-left TPLF party
During that time, contributions by China to Ethiopia via various UN programmes increased dramatically
In 2017 he was elected to lead the WHO, amid allegations of heavy lobbying by Chinese diplomats
His response to the pandemic has been heavily criticised, particularly his praise for China’s government

You can't have too many toys!
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by oliver1950. Reason: Replied to the wrong quote
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 10 months ago #222106 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Any one had the jab yet
John

That's fine if they don't want it but unless they do they should be out of a job. Millions around the world are dying. This is not about choice it is about saving lives and arresting the destruction of the economy.

Who are they to tell me I must keep left of the white line or even submit to a licence test before I can drive. There are thousands of regulations that force us to do or not do things for the greater good of the community (in fact ALL laws are predicated on this theory, not always successfully). Even if they made murder a $200 fine offence the results would come nowhere near the damage covid is causing.

Once they have everybody vaccinated hopefully by year's end I am a supporter of the proposal that anyone who consciously refuses to be vaccinated should be subject to numerous community contact restrictions ie no air travel, work in age care or hospitals etc. I bet a lot of the anti-vaxxers are union members who fully support closed shop worksites with only pay and working conditions the issue while refusing to join the community "health union" where life and death and the entire economy are the issues.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, paulc20, wee-allis

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #222110 by projectinter
I’m not too sure what to believe. Most people have strong opinions one way or another.
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by projectinter.

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds