Skip to main content

Any one had the jab yet

More
2 years 10 months ago #222112 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Any one had the jab yet
The govt are being careful not to admit that aged care is bottom of the barrel work with poor wages and its very difficult to find anyone to work there .....if even 20% of staff were ruled ineligible ,there would be a disaster in the sector.....This is why those who work at four different locations(or more) every week cant be sanctioned...because there would be no one to replace them.........The alternative is very much higher wages and costs,and a massive increase in the money needed to run the aged care sector.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222113 by JOHN.K.
A point Ive heard is that vaccination protects you from the virus,but does not prevent you from being infected ,or passing the virus on to others........When you are vaccinated you get either a very mild infection,or are asymptomatic,but are still infected for a period.......so maybe the fuss in the media is purely political.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222115 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Any one had the jab yet
John

I agree with you on the lousy pay for old age care workers.

Unfortunately the speculation about still getting infected and passing it on is some anti-vaxxers propaganda total BS. If that were true the whole operation would be totally pointless.

lang

More
2 years 10 months ago #222118 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Any one had the jab yet
This week I go for the flu shot. If I dont a good part of my business will be stopped as I cannot visit the premises to do my work, I can only guess that I will also need to provide proof that I have also had the Covid shot too.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222119 by projectinter
Just heard on the radio this arvo that one of the new cases in Melbourne is fully vaccinated.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222120 by JOHN.K.
I am certain it was from one of the high powered doctors on telly that I heard that vaccination will keep you out of sickbay,but wont stop you getting the virus and testing positive.......it certainly wouldnt be from any antivaxxer,cause I dont take any notice of them.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222123 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Any one had the jab yet
Re aged care workers getting vaccinated in Victoria - the 100% claimed does have an element of truth as that is the situation in the state run homes. In the case of the private sector which the feds are responsible for the work force is highly casualised because it is cheaper not to give people a permanent job. What is happening is that staff are told to find their own vaccinations (good luck with that!) and to take unpaid time off to do it, then when they present with a reaction the following day they won't be allowed to work, so another days pay is lost. The Feds have no idea how many staff work in the private sector so any claim of % vaccinated will be a wild wish. The most recent (yesterday) guestimate is that about 10% of aged care workers have been vaccinated

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #222124 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Any one had the jab yet
Lang: interesting you speculate thus. We have one single anti-vaxxer at work. He refuses also to join the union. Closed shops are long gone. Most of the rest of us are in the union and will be getting the jab in due course. There are many sites we cannot send him to because of his stance on flu vaccinations. When there is a downturn, he will wonder why he gets picked to go. Nobody will care much due to his general attitude to work.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by asw120.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #222127 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Any one had the jab yet
It was not a comment on Unions. When I said anti-vaxxers it was aimed at the anti-covid vaxxers not the general nutters who of course are anti-covid vaxxers along with everything else.

It was a comparison with a closed shop (and yes there are still many particularly in building and mining, perhaps not by name but try working on many main sites without being a contractor) which force people who had no wish to be associated with unions to join if he wanted the job, being accepted by many people as reasonable, with the attitude of the same people of "you can not force me to get an inoculation" with far more serious and far reaching consequences.

I could have mentioned any number of similar accepted compulsions in society, the union one just sprang to mind.

I did mention the thousands of other examples of compulsory laws we accept.

Lang
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander

More
2 years 10 months ago #222131 by JOHN.K.
I was driving Moeskers crane on a railway job at Albion,CFMEU came round and said we had to go to the "crane drivers picnic".....and it would cost $500 .....anyhoo,we finally agreed to pay one years back dues plus current ,and I was in the union.......there was two 50 ton forklifts down the airport at Overetts Auction,and I could have the job of putting them back together for $5000 each...but no way of getting the crane off the site.......stroke of luck ,the AWU had a strike vote of all unions on the site.....the CFMEU was taking money off Abis to stop the strike ....anyhoo ,I voted to strike on theFriday,IIRC.......Moesker says WTF are you doing?.....I says we need one days crane to do the forklifts at the airport....tell the union the crane is going to be serviced ......got the crane offsite ,without paying off the union,got the masts back on the forklifts no problems ,and it took me another day to hook up all the hydraulics etc........had to split the money with Moesker ,still easy money.

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds