Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Any one had the jab yet 02 Jun 2021 23:20 #222132

• V8Ian
  • Thank you received: 160

John

That's fine if they don't want it but unless they do they should be out of a job. Millions around the world are dying. This is not about choice it is about saving lives and arresting the destruction of the economy.

Who are they to tell me I must keep left of the white line or even submit to a licence test before I can drive. There are thousands of regulations that force us to do or not do things for the greater good of the community (in fact ALL laws are predicated on this theory, not always successfully). Even if they made murder a $200 fine offence the results would come nowhere near the damage covid is causing.

Once they have everybody vaccinated hopefully by year's end I am a supporter of the proposal that anyone who consciously refuses to be vaccinated should be subject to numerous community contact restrictions ie no air travel, work in age care or hospitals etc. I bet a lot of the anti-vaxxers are union members who fully support closed shop worksites with only pay and working conditions the issue while refusing to join the community "health union" where life and death and the entire economy are the issues.

Lang

I doubt there's any correlation with union membership or political alliance and anti-vaxers. I doubt they have the acumen to form a political concurrence.

Apparently the jab doesn't prevent contraction of the virus, but it greatly lowers the severity and the risk of long term complications.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Any one had the jab yet 03 Jun 2021 07:22 #222135

• Lang
  • Thank you received: 3985
V8

(Apparently the jab doesn't prevent contraction of the virus, but it greatly lowers the severity and the risk of long term complications.)

That is how all vaccines work. It is being used by naysayers as a method of casting doubt on the Covid vaccine effectiveness.

Just because you have a Tetanus injection does not mean Tetanus will not get into your system through say, a cut. What it does mean is the body is set up to recognize the attack and equipped with the weapons to take it down before it does any harm. Any of the hundreds of highly effective vaccines we have in the world (and have saved billions of lives) may still allow minor symptoms of whatever disease to show while the body is using the vaccination weapons to destroy what would normally have been fatal.

What do some people think? A vaccine will coat your skin with an invisible barrier that kills Covid on contact?

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, paulc20, V8Ian

Any one had the jab yet 03 Jun 2021 08:12 #222137

• wee-allis
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 588
Well put Lang. Look, you either accept that the Covid thing is real or you don't. If it's a YES for you, get the bloody vaccination. As for all the media beat-up about it, how many millions of successful jabs have been given in the world with life saving results.

A mate who had a quad bypass 12 months ago was worried about getting clots. His Doctor told him he has about a 1 in 250,000 chance of getting a clot but last year he had a 1 in 100 chance of dying during the operation and he took that chance. He is getting the jab.

I have severe Cardio Vascular D1sease, had 2 heart attacks and blood clots. Risky probably, but my Cardiologist instructed me to be first in line as soon as a jab was available. I've had my first, as I would hate to get it and pass it on to someone else.
I might add, I have never had a flue shot as I haven't had the flue in over 40 years.

Any one had the jab yet 03 Jun 2021 12:03 #222139

• Swishy
  • Swishy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
  • Thank you received: 1832
Could a pill beat COVID-19?

just leavin me options open @ the mo

www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/could-...zer-is-giving-it-a-g

cya
OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Any one had the jab yet 03 Jun 2021 12:11 #222141

• wee-allis
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 588
Swishy, I know your a big strong truck driver who can lift heavy things, but I'm starting to think you are scared of needles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Any one had the jab yet 03 Jun 2021 14:26 #222143

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 728
I see one guy getting the jab on telly,the doc had the shakes,and the arm musta got five jabs before he was done.....will he be immune to the next five viruses from China?

Any one had the jab yet 03 Jun 2021 16:12 #222144

• Swishy
  • Swishy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
  • Thank you received: 1832
Weeeee Allis

RE: starting to think you are scared of needles.

FFS ...... The truth Hurtz

LOL

cya
OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Any one had the jab yet 03 Jun 2021 19:53 #222149

• hayseed
  • Thank you received: 681
It Won't hurt a bit Swishy.......LOL

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Any one had the jab yet 03 Jun 2021 22:31 #222153

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 728
Truth hurts....not as much as needles!.......reminds me of getting the polio needle when I was in school..........was the only school outing we ever had........The had a jar full of big silver and glass needles ,and finger grips on the syringe to force it into your arm until it hit bone.......Thats what it felt like anyway............. the needles in those days were reused ,and when they got too blunt,they were sharpened by council bus drivers on break between shifts..(10 to 2)

Any one had the jab yet 04 Jun 2021 09:41 #222160

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 562
I took my Wife to her Doctor in the suburbs of Mel-boring two days ago, for her fist Astra Zenica jab. The only side effect she has had was forgetting to take the sticking plaster off the jab site when she had a shower.

SwishyYou can barely feel the injection. It doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as snagging your finger on a broken strand in a wire rope or getting a splinter from swarf on the lathe.

John.K Of all the shots I have seen on TV of people getting the jab, I didn't see one that bad. Surely if it was so bad they would have deleted it and shot it again. (pun intended)

About ten years ago my Father-In-Law, who passed away five years at the age of ninety, said to my Wife and I "Those needles are pretty good, Doctors fix lots of things with them these days" I tried to explain that it was not the needle, it was the medication in it but he could not understand.
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558