cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225040 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic DayLight Saving
It does not worry me one way or the other. I still get up at the same time and go to bed at the same time so no real difference.
As Dee as an interest in clocks it is my job to go about and change them all,
"its just time consumimg", pun intended.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225045 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic DayLight Saving
I have heard lots of rubbish about day light savings

And I can tell you that to the man on the land pulling tits it makes no difference at all to the cows

Also to the man on the land or even off the land it makes no difference if your in the northern parts of Australia as the day length hardly changes

I honestly think it's a good idea

And if you dont like it blame the Kiwis, it all started across the ditch

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 7 months ago #225047 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic DayLight Saving
It started in the UK, during the war.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225050 by Bluey60
Replied by Bluey60 on topic DayLight Saving
Sombody correct me if I’ve got this wrong but I think v8Ian is right and I am sure it started in winter. As an energy saving thing
It would make more sense to me to have it in winter as your getting up in the dark anyway and you would get a bit of light at the other end
Mrs tit pullers that I know me included hate it if you milk by the clock it’s too hot milking in the arvo so you start normal time by the sun (when it’s a bit cooler) and your social life is nonexistent because everything is over by the time your finished
I remember coming home from school in the old Bedford bus when we had the daylight saving trial in Qld bloody hot in what is the hottest part of the day
Just a few thoughts from a silly old tit puller

Bluey
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
2 years 7 months ago #225073 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic DayLight Saving
When I was working in an office I liked it as by the time I got home and did everything the boss wanted (including eating dinner) it was about 7:30pm and I could go outside and do something as I could see what I was doing. Now it doesn't bother me so much as I don't have the office pressures

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #225075 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic DayLight Saving
I may be wrong,but I only recall it one year in Qld ,and that was it..............at the sandblasters ,I could start as early as 5 am if I wanted ,and go home at 1,or 1.30 pm depending on whether I had any lunch......I would be home before 2pm ,as at that time there was a window in the trafffic ,and I could do the trip in 10-15 minutes........I was in my dirty overalls ,had nicked steel and welding rods for the latest project ,and it was amazing how much I would get done..........when the new lot took over ,first thing they did was everyone had to start at 6.30 am,which was when the new manager wanted to start......ten minute trip blew out to 3/4 hr with the post 3 pm traffic ......and in the morning ,there would be holdups on th freeway for no apparent reason at 6am.,so I was doing something like 1 1/2 hour extra per day in traffic........then the new manager bought a new lunchroom,and everyone had to have 1 hr lunch ......which lost some of the top blasters ,because they used to do shifts at the dry dock ...........its quite amazing how much damage one idiot did to that business.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
2 years 7 months ago #225076 by Inter-Action
Replied by Inter-Action on topic DayLight Saving
I may stand corrected. "BUT" Wasn't there a time when d/s was only 4 months. Now it has blown out to 6 months.????

Not so sure. I am happy for the real summer months but first and last month are a bit of a pain. That's just my thoughts.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225314 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic DayLight Saving
I remember Queensland doing a trail run of daylight savings . As a backhoe/ bobcat operator 6.30 am start became 5.30 am .But concreter's being concreters bend the rules a bit and start half an hour earlier ? Concreter's loved it get the footings dug early. so pour it and off home . But me , well there would be sewers to dig . House sites to level out etc ..Come 5.00 pm ,Knock off time ,right ???? WRONG . Home owners get home with all that daylight left in the day . So lets dig out the backyard . 8.00pm ,Mate the suns still shinein , ,another half an hour or so you will have it finished . If office Johnnys want an extra hour of daylight Try starting work at 7.00 am , not 9.00 am and get another TWO hours of daylight
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Tacho

More
2 years 7 months ago #225316 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic DayLight Saving

I may stand corrected. "BUT" Wasn't there a time when d/s was only 4 months. Now it has blown out to 6 months.????

Not so sure. I am happy for the real summer months but first and last month are a bit of a pain. That's just my thoughts.

I do believe you are pretty much spot on

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds