Skip to main content

DayLight Saving

More
2 years 6 months ago #226123 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic DayLight Saving
All our politicians are the same. Our political parties are just as bad. It's almost like arguing over the colour of the lid on a tub of vanilla icecream. Once you open the lid it's still vanilla icecream

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, PaulFH, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226124 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic DayLight Saving
I'll open a whole new can of worms on this subject, the main problem is the hospitals NO room for people with covid , the politicians have known about this problem for decades if not longer but have done bugger all to fix it .When this pandemic came along they s##t themselves all they could do was make us use silly masks ,lock us up in our homes & prevent us from working ,just buggering the economy. This all could have been prevented . ALL this money spent by the pollies & such on vaccines would have been prevented if we had better hospitals bigger & more of them ,I could rant on more but I have had a little bit off my chest ::::: Swanny
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, overnite, PaulFH

More
2 years 6 months ago #226125 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic DayLight Saving

All our politicians are the same. Our political parties are just as bad. It's almost like arguing over the colour of the lid on a tub of vanilla icecream. Once you open the lid it's still vanilla icecream

Exactly Bruce. & all Too busy pandering to Their Donors instead of to their constituents..!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: overnite, PaulFH

More
2 years 6 months ago #226127 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic DayLight Saving
16.3% of the Goverment's spending (one dollar in every 6) last year was spent on health. Where does it end? Do we have vast hospitals funded and staffed doing nothing waiting for a once in a lifetime epidemic which may never come. The economy would collapse with such unproductive spending (they are like drunken sailors as it is).

We have to treat this like a war the same as bushfires, major floods or indeed a real war - all hands to the pumps, defeat the enemy and go back to a balanced economy to maintain our national wealth and lifestyle. You are always playing catch-up in a national disaster it is not possible to have 6,000 fire trucks and 500 aerial waterbombers waiting ready to go. If we took just-in-case preparations seriously 50% of the entire population would be in a standing army ready for any unwelcome visitors.

With hindsight everything could have been done better and of course incompetency abounds in the current situation but even Albanese's mob are reduced to childish sniping and have been politically emasculated because they can not come up with a better overall plan and generally support the efforts of the other team. They have actually been included in the decision making with the National Cabinet, most of whom are Labor Premiers, who would have thought that would ever happen!

In other words everybody from all sides is doing their inadequate best and the usual raging storm-in-a-teacup political point scoring has drifted away from the regular forgotten next day headlines because we are all fighting a war regardless of which side of politics we stand on.

Maybe Queensland might even join the rest of the country in daylight saving?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mairjimmy, Normanby, oliver1950

More
2 years 6 months ago #226134 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic DayLight Saving
I won't argue with your figures Lang , but the hospital system is under stress & has been even before this pandemic you only need to cast our minds back when the media was squealing about the Ambulances waiting to unload patients at understaffed hospitals .My son is a paramedic & has been for 12 years & has not seen any big improvement in the problem .But I suppose politicians are allowed to bullshit to us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 6 months ago #226135 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic DayLight Saving
I was wondering how long it would take for politics to come in here and it's also a wonder it never raised it's ugly head in the "Anyone had the jab" topic. The discussions we have here will not change a single moment in time and as we all have our own views on both subjects, all it does is let us all see each other in a different light, to what we may have previously thought.

In saying that, Lang you are 100% right in what you say. But that is just my own humble opinion. We have to look at the big picture, not just how it affects us personally..
Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Normanby

More
2 years 6 months ago #226138 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic DayLight Saving

Joh would rise from the dead if that happened, Lang...!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 6 months ago #226142 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic DayLight Saving

Joh would rise from the dead if that happened, Lang...!

That might be what is needed, but seems all politicians are dead from head down anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swanny

More
2 years 6 months ago #226144 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic DayLight Saving

I was wondering how long it would take for politics to come in here and it's also a wonder it never raised it's ugly head in the "Anyone had the jab" topic. The discussions we have here will not change a single moment in time and as we all have our own views on both subjects, all it does is let us all see each other in a different light, to what we may have previously thought.

In saying that, Lang you are 100% right in what you say. But that is just my own humble opinion. We have to look at the big picture, not just how it affects us personally..
Steve.

I decided to stay away from “ anyone got the jab” topic because I think it’s disgusting that the government is holding everyone to ransom and destroying the economy for their own agendas, and putting themselves on a power trip, and turning NSW and Victoria into police states.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, Swanny

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #226166 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic DayLight Saving
Overnight, Well here we go. Your are not only a gun truck driver but also a world re-known health expert. Tell us how would you have handled the treatment of Covid-19, that is so different to the rest of the world and would have given us a better outcome, earlier, with less deaths and saving all that money.

We can all be armchair experts, but as I know so very little about seriously easily transmitted disease, I tend to be guided by those HEALTH experts, who are the ones guiding the Governments, in all states.

Edit:

Overnight, I apologise for being a bit harsh, but I'm sick of people blaming the Governments of all persuasions, in all states, instead of pointing the blame squarely at the selfish individuals who don't care about the population as a whole and don't follow advice and spread this killer all around. That's what is the real problem.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by wee-allis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, cobbadog, Morris, Mairjimmy, asw120

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds