Skip to main content

Help Required Geelong Area

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #225136 by Lang
I have a bit of a covid problem.

Planning to buy a cheap boat in Victoria for an adventure with my grandsons to sail the Murray River all the way from Mildura to the mouth (900 km) during end of year holidays.

Brother in law in Melbourne was told to keep a look out for something cheap and plunged in and committed me with Grays auctions for a little runabout on a trailer in Geelong. Grays will not allow bid withdrawals and it looks like I am going to win the damn thing tomorrow evening.

1) Is there anyone in the Geelong area who has a paddock or yard I could leave the boat in until Dan gets his act together - probably a couple of months at this stage? Happy to contribute beer or even money.

2)) Any recommendations for a tilt tray to get it there. Grays are a covid closed yard and only commercial operators may pick up goods on Thursday or Friday this week.

Hopefully someone will gazump me and I can relax but I must prepare for the worst.

Lang
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Lang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225140 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Help Required Geelong Area
Lang I've sent you a PM..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 7 months ago #225169 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Help Required Geelong Area
Sent you one also, Lang.
Cheers
Rich

More
2 years 7 months ago #225188 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Help Required Geelong Area
So, did you win it after all Lang? :oops: :S

More
2 years 7 months ago #225334 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Help Required Geelong Area
I am happy to announce the winning bid on the oldest runabout boat in Victoria. Looked like it was going to be repossessed by Grays Auctions for non-collection (due to border lock-outs).

Prodrive could not see this happen so Richard gave up his day to rescue the machine including pumping up tyres and going off to buy a tow ball to fit the geriatric system on the trailer. Now snug in its little house at Macs Action trucks awaiting our arrival and Murray River adventure.

Thank you Richard.

Lang
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120

More
2 years 7 months ago #225336 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Help Required Geelong Area
As a former swift craft halkf owner in the 70's I gotta say they were an ok boat. Looks a nice buy.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
2 years 7 months ago #225337 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Help Required Geelong Area
Boat-Bring Out Another Thousand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
2 years 7 months ago #225350 by Lang
What the Water Rat said to the Mole: “Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing–absolutely nothing–half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”

More
2 years 7 months ago #225360 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Help Required Geelong Area
Would scarcely have believed one could still but a 1-7/8 towball! I have a couple here (somewhere) made by brazing onto a bolt (?)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 7 months ago #225361 by Lang
Richard found one somewhere. I was not expecting the trailer to be that old. If I make it down will put Richard's new ball on my ute for the trip then change to 50mm when I get home.

Lang

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds