Skip to main content

A different office

More
2 years 4 months ago #228775 by Sarge
A different office was created by Sarge
Thought I would do something different because I could a d was allowed to.

Very different to drive.

bit flasher than the 3380.

Chasing two of these

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, wouldyou, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228779 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic A different office
A bit more get up and go I would imagine

Was the turning circle as good as the 3380

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 4 months ago #228786 by Bluey60
Replied by Bluey60 on topic A different office
Sarge your lucky we can’t get more than two days sun between rain going to need chains or floaties when we get going

Cheers Bluey
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 4 months ago #228787 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic A different office
I can just see wet black soil building up on the tracks and wiping out a million bucks worth of plastic whatsit on the side there.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #228805 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic A different office:
Mrs mack, turning circle is terrifying in close on a header with short auger. Even stationary it will turn inside it's own length, not handy with a 50 tonne chaser bin behind you. It centre pivots almost exactly below your bum, which is clenched tight while you try an work ot how to get the auger back off the mother bin.... it was two feet clear and I haven't moved... in gear, clutch down swung the wheel whill loozing overy my sholder, bizarre sensation. No damage. Previous driver did the same at 8 K's next to the header, gored the chaser bin tyre busted the end of the header comb. Still here, drives the header since I arrived...

500hp, easy to cruise around in. Expensive treads John, but very needed in mallee sand.

Maybe a train drive next year..... no experience necessary Driver?????

Sarge B)
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by hayseed.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228818 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic A different office
That's the First Chaser Bin I've ever seen with the Auger out he right hand side..Looks like a shit of an Idea to Me. .
You'll have to fold the auger up EVERY time you need to go under the header Auger.. If It was out the Left like very other chaser bin I've ever seen you wouldn't have to do that..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 4 months ago #228821 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic A different office
They fold the auger that way so the header auger doesn't hit the spout on the folder chaser bin auger while unloading the header on the go.

Pretty much everyone puts the chaser bin auger down every load, traveling with it up is too rough on the bin.

Like you, i didn't think i would like the auger out the RHS either, but it actually works well because you are looking over your right shoulder while using the controls on the RH console in the tractor cab. Also, it enables the chaser to load over the LHS of the truck at the same time as the truck is loading over the RHS from a field bin.

Brett.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228941 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic A different office
Yeah, what Brett said. One time when stationary the header came up wrong side, dumped but had to back off. The header auger won't clear the folded chaser bib auger. If the chaser bin wasn't folded I reckon it would snap off bouncing around the v paddock. That critter does 39.5kph easily.

Bin build is a bit ordinary, Lost 2 bolts ot of the drawer bar, the other three were only apprentice tight. The next row not much better. Still it's not me and it's getting the job done.

Some things around me when I have time to snap.

The twin steer has a bit of a bend, don't know the story, looks like Cummins powe.

Sarge B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, Southbound, oliver1950

More
2 years 4 months ago #228954 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic A different office
You are spot on with your description of the build quality Sarge, but most of their gear does seem to work, and people keep buying it. Their factory is about 35km north of me.

Enjoyed the extra happy snaps.

Brett.

More
1 year 10 months ago #235359 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic A different office
This different office is being viewed from the inside instead just watching it drive in or out of the paddock.

Bit more giddy up than what I drove 30 years ago and no noise smoke and crawl like the mighty ACCO.
Took a while to get used to not having a gear stick.... just a steersman job... ..

Need to have a crack at the tip it all out gizmo tomorrow..... can't be much harder than my c1300....

Sarge B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.770 seconds