Skip to main content

Off Topic: Workers leaving Ford Factory Geelong

More
2 years 4 months ago #228784 by Morris
Off Topic: was created by Morris
I saw on yesterday's news that the Australian Government are planning to try to stamp out cyber bullying by forcing social media operators to take down bullying messages and reporting the real name and details of the nasty trolls. Good on them. I was going to say that I have decided to stop bullying and being nasty to you but you all know that I am such a lovely bloke that I would not write anything that would upset anybody. However if you get a message from somebody calling themselves something like "Not Morris" or "Un Morris" just delete it.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, cobbadog, V8Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228796 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Off Topic:
I just read it as another step towards communism as the political party in power can silence any political opposition.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228807 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Off Topic:
600Dodge How can you even think that political opposition is in any way similar to cyber bullying, which is nasty, personal, and mostly directed at children, teenagers and young women?

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
2 years 4 months ago #228814 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Off Topic:
Easy fix. Don't get involved in Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, SnapChat, Ecrap, Icrap etc in the first place. After 50,000 years morons now have a voice as loud as the achievers, leaders and doers.

Technology gives us a wonderful range of proper communicating options. Phones to Talk, Internet for written communications and information search, Web sites to advertise your product or promote your subject.

There is absolutely no need for any communication method to provide for everybody and anybody to make gratuitous comments either identified or not. Any open group should be shut down immediately, if you are interested enough, are willing to be identified and willing to be subject to moderation there are closed groups available to you on any and every subject known to man.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64, Morris, 235mack, husky, grandad, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
2 years 4 months ago #228819 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Off Topic:
Well said!
The bane of the internet- social media "clubs".
Ban the lot of 'em! If your not willing to identify yourself, then you have nothing that this black duck is interested in reading!
Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action, oliver1950

More
2 years 4 months ago #228820 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Off Topic:
I reckon I must be invisible...I never been bullied or trolled ,or anything else ,been on fbook for years,but dont even think my pic is on it..........maybe I need to try harder.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228825 by Inter-Action
Replied by Inter-Action on topic Off Topic:
I gave away F/B away 2 years ago after some one convinced Telstra they were me. They had enough to book up a new $1100 phone and put it on my
account. They were never heard from again. So there was another cheap , brand new phone on the open market. Telstra were very good and agreed
that a more detailed check on the person should have been done. I got a full credit and some. So it does happen. That's their way of make a living. ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 77louie400

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #228826 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Off Topic:
I have no issue identifying myself to fellows on this forum, but I'm not going to broadcast my details for every wannabe scam artists' nefarious purposes. This board is one of only three fora that I use to indulge in my hobbies and interests. I have enjoyed conversion and comment from like minded folk from every continent, via these means. Rarely have I seen crossed words on these pages, but often different opinions. That's a credit to the contributors, their collective senses of humour, decency, tolerance and no doubt average age in excess of half a century.
Thank-you fellows, for contributing to my enjoyment of this particular forum.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by V8Ian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, grandad, Southbound, wee-allis, werkhorse, PDU, oliver1950

More
2 years 4 months ago #228830 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Off Topic:
LangIt is all very well to warn us to stay away from all these things but how do you persuade more than 99% of all school children to stop using what has now become the most important thing in their life? There is no point in saying as my Father-In-Law would have said "They should not be doing it." They are and they do. Teenagers and twenty-somethings send pictures of each meal to all their friends. About six years ago I spoke to a man who has been in the Historic Truck movement for most of his life. He complained that as soon as his sixteen-year-old Granddaughter got a new pair of jeans or a new top, she had to send pictures of it to all her friends.

I doubt there is anyone on this forum that would even consider any of these things but this is not the type of internet platform that children and teenagers use (or misuse).

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
2 years 4 months ago #228837 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Off Topic:
'i9've managed to get through life this long without a FaceAche page but admit to being on Instagram which is based around images more than enything else so not so many brain dead ones therebut they do exist.
Morris we can teach kids many things but whn it comes to social media and sites like FaceAche there are some things you cannot teach kids and they have to learn for themselves, hopefully. To me it is the source for anti-vaxers to spread and re-enforce their views on the minds of the unknowing.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds