Skip to main content

Introducing RusselB

More
2 years 3 months ago #230996 by Gryphon
Introducing RusselB was created by Gryphon
My name is Russell,
I joined the HCVCA in October 2021.  Member number HCV2280   
As a user name I would like to start with RussellB

I have aspired to be a truck driver all my life because my dad and his brother had a few trucks.  I have had a truck licence since I was 17 ( Queensland) and driven a few different trucks from time to time but never as an actual job.  At 69 I am retired and was recently given the remnants of an International AS162 that had belonged to my dad and his brother. 

My plan is to move it from Queensland to Melbourne where I live, and restore it.
Although I am handy with a spanner, I will need a lot of help and I hope there will be members who can help me through the Forum.  I have already found some previous questions and answers about “AS160’s” on the Forum.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Russell B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, V8Ian, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #230997 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Introducing RusselB
Russell B

Welcome to the forum!
Many contributors here always willing to help out, what we don't know, we take a WAG at!
Most times it works out!
Cheers, Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 3 months ago #231002 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Introducing RusselB
Welcome to the forum Russell

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 3 months ago #231006 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Introducing RusselB
Russell B, What they said. Welcome mate. There are a lot of International enthusiasts on the forum. Don't hesitate to ask questions or ask for help here. Most of the information you get will be helpful. If anybody gives you shonky info, other members will set you straight. My suggestion is_:-don't rush into paying top dollar for parts. Others have done it and will suggest sources for parts and information.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 3 months ago #231007 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Introducing RusselB
Welcome Russel. I echo what the other guys have said, but to have the chance to restore one of your fathers trucks would be an honour, to me anyway. Good luck with it and keep us all in the loop with your progress, however small and remember, we all like lots of pictures of the journey.
Steve.

More
2 years 3 months ago #231045 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Introducing RusselB
While you are in Qld drop in to see Mike of Fleet Parts in Toowoomba. I promise you won't be disappointed.

More
2 years 3 months ago #231054 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Introducing RusselB

While you are in Qld drop in to see Mike of Fleet Parts in Toowoomba. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Mike at Fleet Parts is the man I tried to think of when I wrote my message. He is a really nice and helpful bloke. I met him at the Rocklea Truck Show a few years ago. He has a great stock of Inter parts. Definitely go and see him, otherwise phone or email him when you have a list of parts you want.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 3 months ago #231071 by RussellB
Replied by RussellB on topic Introducing RusselB
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I (we) had been living in Hungary for almost two years up to July last year. Finally made it back to Melbourne via Queensland late October. As soon as I finish renovating our house I will be getting serious about the truck!! I will get my first series of questions onto the Forum over the next few days so I can prepare mentally and get a few things ordered.
Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, cobbadog

More
2 years 3 months ago #231072 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Introducing RusselB
Welcome, I don't know much of Hungary but could it really be as bad as a clown show like queersland or a dictatorshipo like commstoria?

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds