Skip to main content

Dima in Ukraine

More
2 years 3 weeks ago - 2 years 3 weeks ago #233582 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Dima in Ukraine
I generally wont comment on anything political at all

But I think Lang is spot on

If Russia didnt have camps for civilians then the civilians would still be in harms way and I doubt the red cross could help them at all then
At least this way the red cross has access to the camps and the civilian population held in those

The whole situation is terrible but I think this is possibly the best outcome for civilians stuck in the middle of this war zone

That's all I gunna say as I dont like talking politics at all

Thank you for all adding bits here I do read most if not all of it and I'm sure glad I live in Australia

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by Mrsmackpaul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #233609 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Dima in Ukraine
As most know I'm a retired Insurance Underwriter.

Many years ago we insured the company car of the CEO who headed a major Charity. What did he drive? Only the most expensive Mercedes they sold at the time.

The only thing I will give the Red Cross is my Plasma, every other week!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, overnite, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #233611 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Dima in Ukraine
Yes they are outrageous in their administration. If you ever go to their Taj Mahal in Switzerland you will see millions of dollars of high level company vehicles and puffed up executives on $500,000 plus a year - even the Australian boss gets half a million a year.

They have many field officers (the ones you see risking shot and shell) who are volunteers or contractors on lesser wages while the permanent Red Cross staff administers from afar. The UN is the same.

The only difference is the UN is last in first out when the going gets tough while Red Cross is in the battlefield business and will continue dodging bullets with MSF long after everyone else has pulled out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, Zuffen

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #233612 by Dima Ukraine
Replied by Dima Ukraine on topic Dima in Ukraine
Thirty-fourth day of the war of the Ukrainian people against fascist Russia. I asked my students to prepare a poster of firms that continue to collaborate with fascist Russia. It is not fair that some firms are withdrawing from the Russian market, while others continue to support the fascists. Here are these firms. If you know these brands then boycott their products!
Glory to Ukraine!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, werkhorse, oliver1950

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #233613 by Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 3 weeks ago - 2 years 3 weeks ago #233614 by Dima Ukraine
Friends: Before I post, I analyze the information. Therefore, I cannot agree with your defense of the red cross!
Facts:
1. The Red Cross has banned the use of the red cross symbol on Ukrainian buses that transport refugees.
2. The Red Cross takes almost no part in organizing corridors to take civilians to Ukraine.
Civilians are taken to russia by force or out of desperation!
4. The chairman of the red cross did not visit Ukraine suffering from the attack, but went to embrace the russian fascists.
5. The Red Cross has lost respect in the eyes of the Ukrainians!
Glory to Ukraine!
Last edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by Dima Ukraine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, PaulFH, werkhorse, oliver1950

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #233617 by Dima Ukraine
And these are the losses of Russian fascists as of March 29!
Glory to Ukraine!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, PaulFH, werkhorse, oliver1950

More
2 years 3 weeks ago - 2 years 3 weeks ago #233622 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Dima in Ukraine
Dima

I understand your frustration with not getting direct assistance from Red Cross but to be of any use they must remain completely neutral. There are many other NGO's working in Ukraine to help and Red Cross also has a very big presence.

The boss of Red Cross did not have to visit Ukraine as his country director already has full co-operation from the Ukrainian Government. He had to go to Russia to convince them that Red Cross should have access to the possibly forced refugee camps (and probably Prisoner of War camps as well). These have the potential to be very embarrassing for the Russians and you would expect them to try to hide them. The boss of the Red Cross convinced them to go against their normal policy of secrecy and false news and allow a neutral party in to report to the world and protect Ukraine citizens in the camps.

Opening corridors through fighting fronts, negotiating military truces and making sure the path is secure is the job of the fighting forces and governments involved. Red Cross can not order a cease fire or go past a point blocked by a fighting force of either side. Once the corridor is open the Red Cross can get involved in receiving people and making sure they are accommodated, fed and identified.

Nobody but the Red Cross and military ambulances and hospitals can use the red cross insignia. The laws about the protection of the cross (or crescent) are very strict and agreed upon by almost every country in the world. The busses you refer to were private vehicles driven by volunteers, the Red Cross did not organise them and had no control over them. The busses were in convoy and easily identified, both sides knew their purpose.

If one bus was found to be carrying weapons or military supplies, someone on board (even one individual idiot doing it by himself with no official orders to spy) was taking photos or reporting enemy positions as they drove through the lines the entire wrath of the enemy would be turned upon this treacherous action. Before long the battlefield would become an animal fight with each side accusing the other of false use of the Red Cross. Ambulances and hospitals would just become another target.

Millions of lives have been saved because even the most cruel armies have generally recognised the Red Cross sign. Of course there are accidents and unintentional targeting of medics, ambulances and hospitals. These after all are situated on battlefields in the vicinity of genuine targets but deliberate widespread targeting is almost unheard of. Naturally if a hospital is hit the propaganda is that it was deliberately targeted.

As I said, I understand how frustrated you are with them but they can not be seen to be involved in a conflict, supporting one side or even leaning one way. To do the job that everyone wants of them they must remain totally impartial, their sign must be used only by those allowed by international agreement and not a general "safe" insignia to be used by anyone. They can not judge or comment. they are there without fear or favour to help the victims of war be they military or civilian from any side.

I believe they are trying very hard with millions of dollars and hundreds of personnel being sent to help the millions of Ukrainians, mainly women and children, find a safe place to go to in Europe and seeing they are fed, sheltered and recorded for their relatives to find them.

Lang
Last edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wouldyou, PaulFH

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #233670 by Dima Ukraine
Thirty-fifth day of Ukraine's war against fascist russia! Yesterday a Ukrainian and Russian delegation met in Istanbul to discuss a possible halt to the war. The russian fascists finally realized that the strength of the army with which they started the war against Ukraine was not enough. Therefore, with the help of negotiations, they are trying to stall for time to regroup forces in eastern Ukraine and pull up reserves. In particular, russian fascist troops that were stationed in Ossetia, Georgia, have already arrived on Ukrainian territory. I hope that our partners also understand the goals of the russian fascists and use this time to supply weapons to Ukraine. The majority of the Ukrainian population is looking forward to a counterattack by our army and the liberation of the occupied territories. But we need more weapons!
Glory to Ukraine!
And more losses to the fascist army of russia!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #233671 by Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 1.130 seconds