Skip to main content

Cobbadog goes South

More
1 year 11 months ago #234719 by Morris
Cobbadog goes South was created by Morris
Cobbadog, how far are you and Cobbarette coming in to Victoria? How long will you be here?

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #234742 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Cobbadog goes South
Hi Morris, we are sneaking down the East coast and heading to Paynesville in a few days, then to Port Albert, Wilsons Promotory, Phillip Island, Sheparton, Albury, Tumut, Moss Vale then home maybe. We are not booking places in advance as we dont know how long we need in each area. Been a heap of fun so far.
Mant to say that we are stuck in Mallacoota and it is that bad we booked a few days extra.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by cobbadog.

More
1 year 11 months ago #234754 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Cobbadog goes South
Cobba. straight past my front door and didn't call in. Shame on you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 11 months ago #234755 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Cobbadog goes South
Cobbadog, yes I can understand how terrible Mallacoota is. Wife and I have had to holiday there a few times. Eden and Tilba Tilba are good as well but I think you have missed them. It is possible to go home along the Princes Highway, past them and then up a very pretty climb up the escarpment and to Moss Vale that way. Port Albert is worth a visit. The Fish and Chip shot used to have marvellous F&C but we went there a month ago and I think it has changed hands. The food was good but not amazing. Wilson's Prom is great for scenery but the walking tracks are quite long. There is nothing near the road.
I have lived on or near Phillip Island for twenty years now. If you want a tour of the area, free basic camping and to meet a couple of enthusiasts and a small collection of, mostly unrestored, vehicles, PM me

Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Southbound

More
1 year 11 months ago #234784 by cobbadog
Hi Steve, yes, I know. Saw your post about taking the air frames to Vic so we thought you would be unavailable, sorry.
Swishy we get the same treatment with speed reduction signs in NSW so deont feel left out. It is crazy how they expect you to do reduced speed when no one is onsite or it is just a traffic control guy sitting in a car listening to the radio incase someone wants to turn off the highway to go home. When workers have been onsite of course there is a need to slow down but, they are resurfacing a divided road near home now for almost 3 months. Bad weather did stuff them up but when the workers are there they are all standing around yapping their heads off. I have not been able to catch a glimpse of ay of them working or any of the 3 paving machines laying hot mix.
Morris, we are in Victoria for an unknown amount of time. As we find each spot to stop and if it suits we stay a bit longer. We have no places booked in advance until it is near the time to move camp. Might be averaging 3-4 nights at each of the stops heading south and a possible week at Sheparton then back to the 3-4 nights. Really hard to say when we will be anywhere, sorry.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #234826 by cobbadog
We had to cancell the visit to Port Albert mainly because the caravan park has been closed due to health reasons by the Shire. There are no contact details and a message saying that Private Administrators have taken over the park. So we do a hop, skip n jump past that point.
Morris, PM sent on channel 40.

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by cobbadog.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds