Skip to main content

Buses converted to campervans

More
8 years 11 months ago #112877 by theroadbossman
Hey Wedgy,
We use it about every third weekend, plus other events, and (hopefully) for holidays as well.

According to the guru's the injector numbers and pump suggest that it is making 350hp; it is not an electronic engine in fact it is the very last mechanical engine delivered in Australia so Detroit suggest.
My engine is not spotless, it is a Detroit after all ::) but it doesn't leak much and that is a plus.

We do lots of mufflers, from mild to wild (no guess as to which one I have), and a whole range of exhaust accessories too; told you I would take an hour and a half, now you know why ;D ;D
Brett

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #112878 by bparo
There was an Isuzu bus at Lockington yesterday kitted out as a Campervan. It's from down near Warrnambool but had vans surrounding it on all 4 sides that you had to walk under their annexes to see it.

It's for sale as the owner's want to downsize to something driveable on a car licence

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
8 years 11 months ago #112879 by Roderick Smith
Continuing my portrait set from the Pioneer Express 60th anniversary rally. AFAIK both of these have mobile-home interiors.
Essendon Fields (ie Essendon Airport, Melbourne, Vic.): Flxible Clippers blue FLX(?)645 and yellow 13559H. Sun.29.3.15. (Roderick Smith)

Roderick B Smith
retired editor

More
8 years 11 months ago #112880 by Roderick Smith
Essendon Fields (ie Essendon Airport): MCI7 & cream Flxible Clipper FLX002. Sun.29.3.15. (Roderick Smith)

Roderick B Smith
retired editor

More
8 years 11 months ago #112881 by theroadbossman
Hmmm, if I had the money and a shed big enough, they would both be in it :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #112882 by Roderick Smith
Copied across from a post by 'Bobsboy' in 'Tractors and other old stuff', about a visit to Mt Laura Homestead, SA.

Roderick B Smith
retired editor

An AEC bus converted to a caravan:

More
8 years 10 months ago #112883 by theroadbossman
You know the unfortunate part, that would have been someone's pride and joy and love for a long time. And now look at the poor dear.. :-/

More
8 years 10 months ago #112884 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: Flxible Clipper
Euroa (Vic.): FC rally, grey, blue & silver Flxible Clipper FLX129. Sun.29.3.15. (Roderick Smith)
This one has a second bite of the cherry: it got its own portrait photo in Melbourne, and was in the pole position at Euroa.
I had it confused with FLX116 as I prepared it.

Roderick B Smith
retired editor

More
8 years 10 months ago #112885 by Roderick Smith
I am trying to get a portrait of each, but missed some. This one was the obscured rear of a pair in an earlier post.

Roderick B Smith
retired editor

Euroa (Vic.): Flxible Clipper rally, Pioneer-livery FLX045. Sun.29.3.15. (Roderick Smith)

More
8 years 10 months ago #112886 by Roderick Smith
Euroa (Vic.): Pioneer Express 60th anniversary Flxible Clipper rally, a cream Clipper. Sun.29.3.15. (Roderick Smith) AFAIK this is the only photo which I got of this one. It may be the Tasmanian entrant.

Roderick B Smith
retired editor

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds