Skip to main content

Bimbo's Roadhouse Diorama complete

More
10 years 9 months ago #117557 by mousey
hello and thanks to everyone who helped me to complete my 1/43 scale diorama of Bimbo's Roadhouse at Bargo as it appeared in 1974.

More detailed photos are on my alternate website at robsclassicmodels2.webs.com/ from about half way down the page.

i think I'd much prefer it as it was then compared to as it is today although the building is virtually the same. I'm sure anyone who remembers it doesn't miss the choice of hot, or cold, showers :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #117558 by Mr T
Very vivid!

Cheers!

More
10 years 9 months ago #117559 by Chocs
Some great work their Mouse..

Good to see someone capturing some history from a different direction.

Top Job.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

chocs 8-)

More
10 years 9 months ago #117560 by mousey
Thanks Mr T and chocs, yes no one else worries about this aspect of it from a modelling perspective, the trucks are what we focus on, but the times and places are just as important :)

More
10 years 9 months ago #117561 by Chocs
Absolutely agree Mouse...
Whether it be the Roadhouses or the people that worked them..
They were an integral part of our Industy's History.
Quite obviously, you have gone to great lengths to get it right..

Appreciate the posts mate , keep em coming, i am sure there are pleny of interested lookers..

chocs 8-)

More
10 years 9 months ago #117562 by tim
Mousey, well done mate looks great, only thing missing was my Perkins Powered Commer with it's single axle Alltrans Fruehauf Pantech trailer. How long did this diaorama take you to make ? Cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
10 years 9 months ago #117563 by steveb
Next challenge,Winton roadhouse at Benalla.....Congratulations on Bimbo's.Brings back many memories

More
10 years 4 months ago #117564 by kaysee
realy good job, I had many a meal there when I drove for Merv Macintosh from Albury in the 70's

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #117565 by bparo
I love the stories and scenes that show equipment whether it be trucks, trains, utes, vans, tractors, stationary motors, trams, buses etc in a context. These were used to build this great country and carry the workers that built it.
While we restore the machines they are only part of a story that includes people, places and jobs that had to be done.
Well done.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bparo.

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds